Hotwire, Test Pipe, BRF Valve Body, BRF Governor

bogies87

I have a few used parts I want to sell. I will describe them the best I can. Please ask questions if you have any. I can send more detailed pictures to those who need them just provide me with your email address. I do accept Paypal just add 3%. Shipping prices will be actual shipping cost, I prefer to use USPS Flat Rate. Oh and one more thing I do not have alot of post but have been a member for along time. If you are satisfied with your purchase please help a brother out by providing a good trader rating.

1. Hotwire Kit $40.00 I bought this from another board member. I never installed it because the car I recently purchased already had one installed. Its still in the sealed package It was shipped to me in (used).

2. 3" chrome test pipe with dump. $50.00 This part is used and had originally been welded to the down pipe so there is a bead of weld were it attached to the downpipe. There is also a little dent were they removed the downpipe. Comes with cap, gaskets and a band clamp.

3. RJC Power Plate $35.00 Again this is a used part. The plate has been drilled for EGR and I believe it is for a Precision plenum. If I am correct it will work with a stock plenum also. I bought this plate, it was lost with UPS so I bought another and two weeks later this showed up.

4. 3 T-Type dash vents. $10.00 I bought three from another board member but only needed one. Replaced all three as a set. One of the vents is missing the adjuster and all three are missing the silver paint on the edges.

5. Charcoal Canister $10.00 Used was removed from my 70K mile car. It worked when removed.

6. EGR Valve $5.00 Used was removed at the same time as charcaol canister. Was in working order when removed.

7. EGR Solenoid $5.00 Used was removed at the same time as the egr valve and charcoal canister. Was in working order when removed.

8. Stock inlet bell $10.00 Used

9. RJC PCV Valve $25.00 Used but in excellent condition. I bought this valve new from RJC. I installed it, started the car shut it off and put the original PCV back in it.

10. T-Top Trouble Shooting Manual $20.00 Bought from another board member. I never opened the package it was shipped to me in.

11. BRF Valve Body $100.00 Used. This valve body came out of my BRF transmission. There is a faint paint marking on the valve body but was verified by the marking on the valves was told only BRF came with (21 and 15 valves.) The transmission stack shifted from first to 2nd. Was told Boost valve may be stuck removed the valve body could not see any thing sticking so I bought a new one from Lonnie. I am not a transmission technician so instead of taking a chance I just bought a new one.

12. BRF Governor $75. Used. I replaced it when I bought the new valve body. Has the correct weights and the spring is there.

13. Roto-Fab Cold Air Kit $150.00 This kit is for a Pontiac G8 V-6. I bought this new from Roto-Fab and only has 9000 miles on it. The kit looks new and comes with all the hardware needed to install. It has the direction and will be shipped in the original box it came with. The kit does include a reusable cone filter (oiled).

I am selling these parts so I can purchase more. Please feel free to ask for more pictures or questions. I have nothing to hide.

Pictures

Here are some pictures........

Attachments

• IMG_0238.jpg
    IMG_0238.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_0239.jpg
    IMG_0239.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_0240.jpg
    IMG_0240.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 394
More Pictures

Attachments

• IMG_0241.jpg
    IMG_0241.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_0242.jpg
    IMG_0242.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_0243.jpg
    IMG_0243.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_0244.jpg
    IMG_0244.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_0245.jpg
    IMG_0245.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 388
When you put Lonnie's valve body on,did it fix your problem? Is the valve body stock? Did you replace the valve body and governor at the same time?

As far As I know the valve body is stock. The previous owner of the car said the transmission was rebuilt by Art Carr but I do not know if any mods were done to the valve body itself. The valve body and governor was replaced at the same time. I did have to also change the low/ reverse pressure seal after installing the new valve body but all is good now. I did use the pressure switches and the tube off the old valve body and put it on the new valve body. I hope that information helps. Let me know if you need any more information.

The valve body and governor was replaced at the same time. I did have to also change the low/ reverse pressure seal after installing the new valve body but all is good now.
Was your shifting problem solved when you installed the valve body and governor,or was it something else that fixed it?

I cant say for sure. When I put it back together I tested the transmission and found reverse was weak. I.E. would go backward but anything over idle reverse would slip. So I pulled the valve body back out and put a low/ reverse clutch seal in. I wish I could say for sure if it was the valve body causing the shifting problem. I was told by Lonnie it sounded like the boost valve was sticking because I had low pressures. The transmission shifted fine manually just acted up if I let it shift automatically. I tried looking at the boost valve when I pulled the valve body out from the transmission but I could not see anything sticking (again I am definitly not a transmission tech). So instead of putting it back in and taking a chance I bought a new valve body. I posted it for sale thinking somebody could buy it cheap and put a boost valve in it and it would work just fine. I dont want to make any speculation as to weather it works or not because I do not want to mislead anybody.