You can type here any text you want

House Taxes in Florida

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Grumpy

Thread killer
ok been scanning all the free real estate books.. Have a lot of deals down here !!!:eek: How are the real estate taxes?? oh I'd like to be somewhere near the ocean. I know "huricanes" get ugly near the water :cool: Now don't all of you get upset I may move down here!! It's a big "IF" :p

No crap there are some serious deals around here. Real estate value has dropped out of sight. The wife and I have been sniffing around a couple places here for the last couple of weeks, (I want a bigger garage ;) ) and my mom was here looking at homes during the holidays. She's still up in VA.

Here in Kissimme/East Orlando is close enough to the ocean for me. But you could always move over by Cal in Melborne. I hear they need some fast cars over there. ;)

Id be more concerned about the property insurance then taxes. The increasing property insurance rates is what is moving a lot of elderly people out of FL and up to Georgia, Tenn (No state income tax either) and the Carolinas.

I would think it all depends on where your looking but hurricanes prone areas are getting very expensive to insure in FL.

ok been scanning all the free real estate books.. Have a lot of deals down here !!!:eek: How are the real estate taxes?? oh I'd like to be somewhere near the ocean. I know "huricanes" get ugly near the water :cool: Now don't all of you get upset I may move down here!! It's a big "IF" :p

Dan, I moved to Tampa, FL in 2005 (peak of the real estate boom) and paid way too much for way too little.. Stayed there two years (real estate drop) and lost $100k on my house. The taxes and insurance were over $12K a year and I was at least 45 mins from the ocean. We have been trying to sell it for over a year now. Hopefully here in the next couple of weeks the buyers will be moving in..

I loved the FL weather, hated the expense of living there..

No crap there are some serious deals around here. Real estate value has dropped out of sight. The wife and I have been sniffing around a couple places here for the last couple of weeks, (I want a bigger garage ;)

Mikes garage is so small you have to go outside just to change your mind:biggrin:

I loved the FL weather, hated the expense of living there..

I've been here a few days and already comfortable here :eek: BUT have to get back on Monday!! Mazda is callin my name :rolleyes: :biggrin: thanks for all the imput guys:cool:

Come on Dan.....

Spend some of that money, you can't take it with you.

P.S. it's hotter on the west coast in the late afternoon, no ocean breeze.

Good Deals, High Taxes, Carazy Insurance Rates!

I have lived in Florida from 1970 to 2003. After my divorce in 2003 I was priced out of the market. Even the rents were outrageously high and there were turning the rentals into condo's. My house taxes at that time were $10,000 a year and my homeowners insrance company dropped all policy holder in FL because of the hurricanes. I moved to NC where I bought an 1800 Sq. Ft. home with 2 1/2 acres, taxes are $600/year and insurace is $450. Yes we have state taxes, but the off set is much cheaper then FL. I love FL and the oceans on both sides, but this was the best and only move that afforded me a home. There are fantastic homes at bargain price, but the taxes and insurance will price a lot of people out of the market, unless you are independent wealthy or have a house that you bought in the 70's. Just one mans opinion :)

I can live with the $10k taxes BUT what are people paying for prop ins :confused: I lived on the east coast (Miami) for years.. went to school down there .. NO IT WASN'T A ONE ROOM SCHOOLHOUSE :mad: :p I like the west coast better.. not as much as a rat race. :cool:

I can live with the $10k taxes BUT what are people paying for prop ins :confused: I lived on the east coast (Miami) for years.. went to school down there .. NO IT WASN'T A ONE ROOM SCHOOLHOUSE :mad: :p I like the west coast better.. not as much as a rat race. :cool:

I was paying $3,000 a year in propery taxes and 30 mins. inland from the oceam and this was in 2003. I know of people that could not get property insurance through the major ins. companies and had to get it through the state and crazy inflated prices especially if you were near or on the water. The West Coast is the way to go if you like a calmer pace of life and less of a rat race as you put it. Again only my point of view.

$3k in 2003.. wonder what it would be now after all the big claims in the past few years. ya I need calmer :p Being down here brought back a lot of memorys from Ft Lauderdale and Miami :eek: sure did have some fun till Dad made me get my ass back home to work :eek: :biggrin:

$3k in 2003.. wonder what it would be now after all the big claims in the past few years. ya I need calmer :p Being down here brought back a lot of memorys from Ft Lauderdale and Miami :eek: sure did have some fun till Dad made me get my ass back home to work :eek: :biggrin:

Yes, I am not sure what the insrance would be now I guess it depend on the price of the house and location... I moved to FL in 1970 and loved when the chicks would come down for spring break in Lauderdale, wow what fantastic memories :cool:

I was down just recently to visit my Mom and Children and it just does not feel the same, out of a street of 20 homes, I noticed at least 10 foreclosures and a lot of for sale signs. Some of the hot places closed down and even gas station were boarded up. I still miss the state, but it is only a place to visit for me now...

We are in a 3200 sq ft home and paid around 5-6k for taxes and insurance last year. Of course, we ae not on the coast. I can hop the B-line and be in Cocoa in 35 min, so no biggie for me. I beleive you will find that the newer homes are easier to insure as they are up to current hurricane code standards. Ours was built in Feb '05.

And yes, we have about 10 foreclosures in our 200 home neighborood. 500k homes are going for 300k....or less. It's crazy.

And yes, we have about 10 foreclosures in our 200 home neighborood. 500k homes are going for 300k....or less. It's crazy.

its like that just about everywhere. I am up in Mass and live in a "yuppy" town so it hasn't been to bad up there yet :eek: :biggrin: ok my last day in the sun :rolleyes: :p

Yes, I am not sure what the insrance would be now I guess it depend on the price of the house and location... I moved to FL in 1970 and loved when the chicks would come down for spring break in Lauderdale, wow what fantastic memories :cool:

I was down just recently to visit my Mom and Children and it just does not feel the same, out of a street of 20 homes, I noticed at least 10 foreclosures and a lot of for sale signs. Some of the hot places closed down and even gas station were boarded up. I still miss the state, but it is only a place to visit for me now...

I still like whippoorwill area 'sp' you were living in before you moved.
Even though I make my living in the construction industry, I hate to see what's become of it. I was one of the lucky one's, my insurance came down this year, I wish I could say the same about taxes.

ok outta here for now. time to get back to reality.. WINTER :mad: have lots of "stuff" to halucinate about :cool: thanks for the info !!!:cool:

I was paying a little over $400 in insurance on my 1300 sq/ft shotgun shack when I bought it in 2000. I'm in between greater Orlando and DaytonaBeach. Most of that was wind damage and a replacement cost of about $100K. And it stayed the same after the hurricane season of 2004. Now Allstate decided they needed to cut some losses and do some readjusting around 06 and pawned me off on one of their smaller companies. Universal Something and everything was fine and dandy for the first 6 months or so. Than it went up to $3600. :eek: I haven't found anything lower than $3000 but than I've raised the value to compensate for the higher real estate values and everything else I didn't have 8 years ago.:mad:

Back