You can type here any text you want

houston downpipe to short?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jicaju

Jicaju
Got my HDP back on after installing new motor mounts and a little denting. I have good clearence now. The only problem is where the pipe connects to dump pipe it only sticks inside dump pipe about 1/2 inch or so. Took her for short drive and it came disconnected. I have saw slots in pipe to allow it to squish down on it better before installing. Has anyone else ran into this problem and what was your cure less tacking it in a few place? Tek screw? Thanks Jicaju

Remove band clamp, drill hole through the seam where the two pipes overlap. Install a small stainless pan head screw through both pipes.. Place clamp over screw.. pipe goes no where.

Repeat procedure for bottom pipe.

HTH

Hey Razor did you have the same problem? It just seems to me for the price of this pipe someone could have gotten it designed a little better.

Originally posted by Jicaju
Hey Razor did you have the same problem? It just seems to me for the price of this pipe someone could have gotten it designed a little better.

Perfect fit.. ROTFLMAO

Want good fit, use an OEM one. You'll always fight the aftermarket pipes/exhuast/mods..

It is how it is..

The screws.. nah... I put them there for looks ;)

Wait till you hear you dont need a downpipe on a TTA until your well into the 11 second range with a much larger turbo.

Back