How can I make my door speakers *sound good*?

TType84

cookin with propane
Alright, so I'm gonna have the bad ass hornet 554t, battery backup, 2 outside sirens and 2 piezos, etc blah blah installed next week.

Now im going to fix the sound system since i'll have a little more peace of mind that whatever I put in there IS GOING TO STAY THERE. :mad:

I know the one dude has been toying with CSII pods.. but i already have CS II from the factory, and my JL audio VR series components required the CSII buckets to be assraped, everyone said the mids are now going to have almost zero output

ALRIGHT..

soo.. audiowizard.. i know you have like some long ass pods for your a/d/s 3 way component set right?

Does anyone on here know where i can get a "pod" that'll actually act as an enclosure for the 5.25 mid? If I should put the tweeter beside the mid then let me know..

Can anyone on here do something like this? I dont care about my lower door panels, if you figure out a way to attach the pods securely I'll drill holes if i need to.. no big deal.

So what do you guys recommend I do? single pods and the tweeters mounted somewhere else? A small extension of the pod to accomodate a 1" tweeter as well?

Whatever you gurus suggest, the biggest thing I need to know is if this is doable for a reasonable price..

btw ive heard of the q forms and uhh that looks pretty jacked, and knowing dumb ass people, someone would kick it getting in the car and break something.. so id really rather have something attached to the door...

thanks guys.

I would go with a custom door panel or a kick panel type. I would not try to enclose the 5.25 midbass besause they are for free air applications. You still have the dash location to for a tweeter but the distance to the midbass might be too far apart.

And BTW did you ever get the Hornet 554T 2-way installed? PM me for more info asap!