You can type here any text you want

How can i tell if my #60`s are flow matched or not?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cecil bass

I have a set of new #60 injectors"precision". How can i tell if they are flow matched or not?

Did they say the injectors were flow matched before you bought them?

I know my local NAPA store does cleaning / inspection / flow testing of injectors. Maybe your local NAPA does as well and could flow test them for you at a small fee.

I got them from a member here he didn't know if they were or not. Im gonna check with the local napa. If they aren't flow matched does it really make a diff?

When I had mine done by Chuck here they were all very close to each other after they were cleaned but not exactly even. I put the ones with the little higher flow in the leaner cylinders. If you already have them out I would have them cleaned and find out the flow #'s just so you know.

I have a set of new #60 injectors"precision". How can i tell if they are flow matched or not?

I was pissed after I purchased a high dollar set of new Precision "matched" injectors and did not get a flow sheet, so you, or I, will never know unless you get Chuck to flow them?

I got them from a member here he didn't know if they were or not. Im gonna check with the local napa. If they aren't flow matched does it really make a diff?
Odds are they are pretty close whether they were flow-matched or not, so to answer your question, no.

Yes, send em to Chuck, you'll get each injector and flow rate back so you know what you have. I bought a non-matched set and they were all within 1-2% I think and I put the highest flowing ones on #1 and #3 cylinders

If those are from PTE, it could well be a matched set.
AIRC, they match sets at 50# and up.
Do they have a elec pencil marking, or a sticker on them?

Odds are they are pretty close whether they were flow-matched or not, so to answer your question, no.

I do not play "odds" when building an engine package, so when I spend and extra $100 for "flow matched" injectors I expect to receive the data sheet with them to verify the work that was allegedly done? :mad:

Now that DW has expanded from the fuel pump market into supplying high-end fuel injectors with 140# and 200# sets that ARE flow matched, and the data is part of their package, I can be assured my customers will receive what they expect and paid for.

We have an injector flow bench in house, the 60s are pretty close like the post above usually within a couple percent, much better than your intake ports, exhaust ports headers and the rest. It makes me wonder why guys get so fired up about the injectors matching when the cylinders are so far off of each other air wise. FYI the biggest ones should go into 5 and 6. Cleaning used injectors and figuring out dead times for tuning are what we do most but we are happy to test injectors for people and group sets for our customers when they buy them.

I do not play "odds" when building an engine package, so when I spend and extra $100 for "flow matched" injectors I expect to receive the data sheet with them to verify the work that was allegedly done? :mad:

Now that DW has expanded from the fuel pump market into supplying high-end fuel injectors with 140# and 200# sets that ARE flow matched, and the data is part of their package, I can be assured my customers will receive what they expect and paid for.
I think we are talking about two different things.. just a thought.

When I was shopping for injectors I asked Mike a similar question about flow matching and got the same answer he gave above. Made sense to me so I just bought the "regular" 60's. Never had a problem.

Here is the box

Attachments

• 1416958765191.jpg
    1416958765191.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 116
Yes those are flow matched. The "57" written on there is what they flowed at approx 95% duty cycle.

Yes those are flow matched. The "57" written on there is what they flowed at approx 95% duty cycle.

Good info....I just looked at the box that my 60's came in from a couple of years ago and it has a #6 circled in red followed by 55 in red.

Back