You can type here any text you want

How do I "center" the rear end

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CS99

I am wanting to go with 10" rims but the pass side is alot closer to the frame than the drivers side. How to I go about correcting this? If I center the rear, won't the car look funny..like "dog tracking" going down the road? Or should I leave it alone and notch the frame.

You might want to check the body bushings on the car & that the body is sitting square on the chassis.

Could be..

I am wanting to go with 10" rims but the pass side is alot closer to the frame than the drivers side. How to I go about correcting this? If I center the rear, won't the car look funny..like "dog tracking" going down the road? Or should I leave it alone and notch the frame.

that there are control arm bushings that are shot, bent arm, frame mounts torn loose from the frame, etc. All can affect the location of the axle.
If the car has been wrecked, that too could cause a problem.

My car is off center too.
I replaced all suspension parts/bushings and tried moving the body on the frame, still off .5". It looks like tolerence stacking just means some cars will never be exactly centered.

The problem is the right wheel rubs the frame and the left side doesn't even come close. This means that the rear end is not centered within the frame. I just cant see where I could possibly move the rearend over some to the right.

Ajdustable upper control arms. Mine used to be off too. The upper control arms control the side to side placement.

ok...I set my pinion angle with them. My right side is closer to the frame...so I would have to lengthen one a shorten the other????

Yes, lengthen the left & shorten the right. I would go 1/2 turn on each & keep going back & forth till its centered that way you don't get it in a bind or change the pinion angle.

Back