how do i make a stock turbo sheild fit a 44?

Vendor Defendor

Out the window
maybe i am crazy, but my stock turbo shield dosent fit the 44 i just put on, and i cant get it over far enough to get the bolts inline.. it hits the compresser housing of the turbo. so i figure some where has to be notched to make it fit. just wondering if anyone knows what has to be notched before i go crazy and end up with no turbo shield. if you know what i mean.\

thanks

-Neil

My heat shield went on mine after installing the TE-60. I could only get 3 bolts back in though. A friend of mine has his stock shield on and he has a PT-70. As long as you can get at least 3 like I did you should be fine.

You can mount the bracket wrong. Double check because if you put it on the wrong side of the flange, there won't be enough clearance. I'm suspecting this is the problem. I did it once.

Originally posted by John Larkin
You can mount the bracket wrong. Double check because if you put it on the wrong side of the flange, there won't be enough clearance. I'm suspecting this is the problem. I did it once.

humm, i am afraid thats what i might have done... which side of the flange does the turbo bolt onto? i think i bolted it onto the driver side... if i did, i guess i am going to have to take that bracket out of the block and off of the turbo huh? oh well that shouldnt be too hard, just a little bit of extra work i guess.

thanks

-Neil

figured it out, i had the flange on the wrong side. now the shield fits like a glove and all four bolts go in. i just pulled it off again to repaint it though...

thanks for all the help guys... look either in here or the lounge in the next couple days and i will post before and after pictures of my engine compartment... lets see if you can figure out what i have done....

thanks again

-Neil