You can type here any text you want

how do I make the trunk not rattle?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tom Tom Turbo

Turbo Goes Woo Woo
Ok, the MTX 8000 sounds great...but it rattles the crap out of that strip of metal between the rear window and the trunk. What's the easiest way to fix that? I can't be the only one with this problem...

Originally posted by Tom Tom Turbo
Ok, the MTX 8000 sounds great...but it rattles the crap out of that strip of metal between the rear window and the trunk. What's the easiest way to fix that? I can't be the only one with this problem...

That piece can be removed and lined with a sound deadening material such as dynamat or another brand on the inside. I have done my GN and other customers cars this way and it works! :) It also helps to line any other sheet metal such as your 1/4 panels, trunk lid and the top of your rear deck where the 3rd brake light is located.

If you don't want to spend the money on the deadener you can also just put some cloth on the mounting pad for the screws. It will eliminate the rattles as well. :)

Back