Votes: 17 25.4%
  • He did not throw the race

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • He threw the race and should NOT be suspended

Votes: 36 53.7%

• Total voters

V8Assassin

100mi away ready 2 strike
Just finished watching the Nationals at Indy on TIVO. Just wondering what everyone's opinion was that watched it. Personally I think Force cheated, threw the race, whatever you want to call it and he and R Hight should be ejected for the remainder of the season. Not only does it hurt the integrity of the sport, but also with sponsors already pulling out, what kind of message does this send? What sponsor wants to put their money on the line when one man can determine the outcome of races. The NHRA should step up and call a spade a spade.

I agree with you man. I like Force and all but its getting out of hand. It was beyond obvious he threw the race. Im just glad Mike Dunn had the balls to tell it like it is.

If he has enough sponsors and money whats next? Having 10, 12 or hell 16 cars in the class so they can win every event? Like you said not a good way to attract more sponsors and people to the sport.

John Force has been throwing races since he added a second car about 15 years ago. he's also had his other cars throw races against him.
it used to be blatantly obvious- he'd run great all weekend and not have a single problem, then when he was racing one of his own cars, he'd either red light, blow the thing up in a glorious John Force fireball, or smoke the tires. there were other times when he was having a crappy weekend and his other car would be doing good, and his teammate would smoke the tires when running against him so he could get to the next round. if he ever met one of his cars in the final, whoever needed the points more would always win.
the Pedregon brothers just raced each other in the final a few weeks back- at Brainerd, i think- and the one that needed the points the most lost the race. i guess their decision to not have team orders bit them at Indy..
NHRA funny car is like F1 with the team orders- i guess NASCAR can be, too, but it's harder to rig a 500 mile NASCAR race when your 3 car team has 40 other cars to deal with for 3 hours.

He threw it. He was out of the groove by a mile at the starting line. There just isn't any way to prove it. Pedragons have to suck it up and move on....

The Pedragons have a valid complaint. As far as I'm concerned Force is ruining NHRA racing, who wants to watch a fixed fight. Of course Sean is correct, there is no proving anything, and after watching Force we certainly can't depend on his integrity to tell the truth.

Sponsors don't want to throw good money after bad, how long will it be before we are watching softball or ping pong on labor day instead of the Nationals?

And the Pedregons are such angels too

Theres the pot calling the kettle black. Tony was part of that team and he did not mind whatever tactics were used to win him a championship when he worked for Force.

Force is doing whatever he can to win. It comes down to sponsor dollars and he gets more of them if his cars are in the countdown. Yeah he threw that race for Hight to get in and its ****ty. Instead of BSing about it I would have said simply We are here to win.

What NHRA should have done was made force stay in the AAA car for the rest of the season and Hight stay in Forces car. Then let the chips fall where they may. NHRA made that too easy to do for them.

Forces cars have not done so well in the past couple of years and he has taken some pretty big lumps in the process.

If Cruz is so pissed he did not make it into the countdown he should have beaten them all by making better runs. He said it himself. If you leave someone a chance to beat you they will.

Drag racing needed some drama. John Force is always the guy to provide it....:cool:

How many hits on the YouTube video? I'm sure Valvaline isn't complaining.

Sure, he threw the race. It is not up to us to decide if he should be puniched.....that is his sponsors decision.

Castrol won the whole shebang with Ashley and AAA is now in the playoffs - Win/Win.

Team orders have been in place for over 100 years in auto racing...

Where is the video? I didn't see any of the races so I'm in a dark about this whole situation. I was curious why there was a what do you think about John Force topic.

Who cares? Predegon or however you spell his name had his fate in his own hands. It happens in the nfl and mlb every year. Imo you can't get mad bc you came up short and have to rely on someone else or another team to get you in the playoffs.

Force should not be punished because NHRA races obviously have become just an exhibition.... like wrestling... with predetermined outcomes. John Force threw the race in a blatant manner which is too bad, because it casts a shadow on his daughter's "win". It would have been better if he just would have gave Hight a bye run.

It was even more pathetic when Robert Hight went on TV after his "win" and went through the standard BS win routine... thanking all the sponsors, etc...
I recall last year in a golf tournament, when Tiger Woods was recovering from his knee surgery, Sergio Garcia won and in his winners speech... he said he first of all, he wanted to thank Tiger Woods for not being there. It was funny but something like that is what Robert Hight should have said... thanking his father in law for throwing the race.

Who cares? Predegon or however you spell his name had his fate in his own hands. It happens in the nfl and mlb every year. Imo you can't get mad bc you came up short and have to rely on someone else or another team to get you in the playoffs.

The last time a professional baseball team threw a game was in 1920 with the black sox scandal, and those guys were drug out in public and made to pay for what they did. Hell shoeless joe will never be in the hall because of it.

With force, it's an obvious move to manipulate the outcome of a race. Maybe he should have thought about that earlier in the season and not allowed himself to be put in the situation.

Besides what do you know, you're a yankeee sympathizer ;):biggrin::biggrin:

I think the problem is that NHRA is allowing teams to be formed. They finally put a limit on Nascar teams as the owners with more money started forming 5,6,7.....teams and they would have been able to rig the races any way they choose. They now have a 4 car limit on teams but that is in a field of 43 cars. with something like funny car drag racing and only having a 16 car field it makes it very difficult when one man owns 1/4 of the cars in the field. The only way to stop this from happening is not allowing teams and taking away the ability to work together. One man, one car, or at the least, dont let the owner of multiple teams drive one of his own cars giving him the ability to fix a race. No driver is going to throw a race when his only paycheck is to win his races. Thats just my $.02.

The countdown the the championship is DUMB. Get rid of it.

Pedregon would do the same thing given the chance. Anyone would.

How Do You Feel About John Force???
Well, not the way that I would like to feel about his daughters, that's for sure.

Pedregon had his chance to change the outcome of the race and the points if he would of beat force in a earlier round,but he did not.[tony called john a cheater on national tv] John I believe did throw the race and the pedregons whinned about it, but you can bet your ass if they had a 4 car team and could change the outcome to get one of their cars in the count down they would have done the same thing.

Pedregon had his chance to change the outcome of the race and the points if he would of beat force in a earlier round,but he did not.[tony called john a cheater on national tv] John I believe did throw the race and the pedregons whinned about it, but you can bet your ass if they had a 4 car team and could change the outcome to get one of their cars in the count down they would have done the same thing.

My Point Exactly! ;)

Theres the pot calling the kettle black. Tony was part of that team and he did not mind whatever tactics were used to win him a championship when he worked for Force.

Force is doing whatever he can to win. It comes down to sponsor dollars and he gets more of them if his cars are in the countdown. Yeah he threw that race for Hight to get in and its ****ty. Instead of BSing about it I would have said simply We are here to win.

What NHRA should have done was made force stay in the AAA car for the rest of the season and Hight stay in Forces car. Then let the chips fall where they may. NHRA made that too easy to do for them.

Forces cars have not done so well in the past couple of years and he has taken some pretty big lumps in the process.

If Cruz is so pissed he did not make it into the countdown he should have beaten them all by making better runs. He said it himself. If you leave someone a chance to beat you they will.

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!!!!!

He did what he had to DO!!!!

JMI!!!!!

JD