How do you remove the dash plaque above the glovebox?

14mins

I need to remove the plastic insert above the glove box due to a broken guage i installed there 10 years ago and i have forgotten how i did it. I have not stayed at a Holiday in recently to jog my memory.:) Thanks

Remove the glovebox 3. Reach up and loosen the 3 nuts on the back

Thanks, I felt 2 of the studs already. I will find the 3rd unless it is in the middle. If it was in the middle i probably did away with it when i installed the guages.

Thanks, I felt 2 of the studs already. I will find the 3rd unless it is in the middle. If it was in the middle i probably did away with it when i installed the guages.

There may only be 2. I I don't really remember. I got to mine by removing the dash (not recommended but I was going to replace it anyway)

regal_20070507_005.jpg

there are 4 and i'm 100% positive since i have removed about 45 dashes from various parts cars. and they are not nuts they are these push on thingys and if you are not super careful you will snap off the mounting studs. i usually use this tiny set of wire cutters maybe 5" long and clip the push on thingys.

there are 4 and i'm 100% positive since i have removed about 45 dashes from various parts cars. and they are not nuts they are these push on thingys and if you are not super careful you will snap off the mounting studs. i usually use this tiny set of wire cutters maybe 5" long and clip the push on thingys.

You're absolutely right....there are FOUR studs on it. I have one here sitting on my desk right now. And he's right, be careful on those "thingys" as you can break the studs removing them. His method of removal is spot on.

Bruce '87 Grand National

QUOTE=Bruce Urie;2582592]You're absolutely right....there are FOUR studs on it. I have one here sitting on my desk right now. And he's right, be careful on those "thingys" as you can break the studs removing them. His method of removal is spot on.

Bruce '87 Grand National
[/QUOTE]

lots of trial and error:D

To remove the 4 tinnerman washers that are pushed over the 4 plastic posts without damaging anything, just use a sharp pointed pick and gently pry opposing pairs of the teeth up away from the plastic pin where they dig in. You only need to pry just enough to lift the tooth off of the post, any more and you will snap it, its brittle spring steel.

Once you get them off, you can reuse them by squeezing them nearly flat with pliers.

This method works also. Gotta love GM for the cheap fastening methods they used.

Bob