how do you run nittos at the track?

enforcer1

Just got 2 new nitto street/drag radials in 245/50/16 mounted on 16x7 gnx type wheels. No instructions came with them of course so how do I run them at the track?
What pressure do I need in them?
how much of a burnout should I do?
Thanks!

I havent had much luck with my Nittos. I run 20 lbs of pressure at the tack, and do a good, heavy burnout. Many advise against the smokey burnout with radials, but my 60' times really go to hell if I dont heat them up a good bit. But hey, there good in the rain huh??:rolleyes: ET streets are coming to my car soon...good luck

As Striker said they seem to work better warm and of course clean.

For pressure 18-19 psi works well, but I'm only using 15 x 7" wheels with 275-60 Nittos. You will need to adjust the air pressure to find what works best (maybe start at 20-22 then go lower if needed)

Don

I'd go with 18 use your airbags, and anything under 2.0 is good, well for me anyway.

Heat 'em up good maybe 4-5 seconds or so with a line lock.

Good luck. :)

I got 1.75 sixtys when I had em on my GN.

Avoid the big burnouts, you only need to clean them off a little.
17-18lbs of air worked for me.

i run 22psi pressure on 275/50/15 nitto extreme drag radials with 1.81's from a 3000rpm launch. I only spin in my 1-2 shift.

I know the question was for Nittos, but on my BFG 275x60x15's I run them at 15#s and just litely spin them up till they haze. Spin them up too much and they don't seem to stick as well for me.

Man my nittos suck at the track, I cant leave the line with any boost or they go up in smoke off the line. I was running 20lbs went to 18 lbs and they stic suck. For some reason the hook better on the street, I can hold at least 5lbs there, but nuthing at the trac. Im goin to Slicks oat the track though. My advice is you buy some too, cuz youll never probably get the 60's times you want with out them. Just my 2 cents, they suck at the track :eek:(

Originally posted by V8killR4U
Man my nittos suck at the track, I cant leave the line with any boost or they go up in smoke off the line. I was running 20lbs went to 18 lbs and they stic suck. For some reason the hook better on the street, I can hold at least 5lbs there, but nuthing at the trac. Im goin to Slicks oat the track though. My advice is you buy some too, cuz youll never probably get the 60's times you want with out them. Just my 2 cents, they suck at the track :eek:(

Not sure what your doing different?:confused: But I got consistant 1.75's out of mine.

What size tire are you running?