how far can you take the nittos?

Turbo Brian

What do I type here?
how far down can you take nittos before they become unsafe? the centers are perfectly smooth. all thats left is the two outer grooves which are 1/16" deep (eyballing it).

see pics here: http://www.fastbuick.com/gallery/album01
(if you click enough times they'll blow up to 800x600)

also these are 275/50/15 on 7" wheels.

I've driven these in the rain. really tests your reactions.

As long as you stay out of the rain, puddles, lawn sprinklers, etc. drive them until you see cords.

i was wanting to know if they'd be safe for racing; burnouts and 1/4 mile runs. i hate to take these to noble and use them up before the shootout starts or blow a tire in the water box.

nearly brand new I was getting 1.78 60ft times.... after many many long smokey street burnouts and not much tread pattern left they would turn consistent low 1.7x's and 3x I pulled a 1.71 60ft with them aired down to 18psi and a big smokey burnout. They really need to be heated up.

Adam Saruwatari used to run them on his 9 second RX-7 and they would shave them down for the race. When they are nearly done is when they give the best traction.

Drive them to the cords. Your 60's should be about as good as they will get now.

-GNX7

Is there any chance of them rubbing on stock T wheels? How do the 275/50/15's look on a stock rim? I think I am going to go with 275/60/15's but the car is driven on the street almost always. What so you guys recomend?

Thanks,
Nick