How far did you drive to buy your Turbo Buick?

bishir

Serenity Now
I flew up to Indiana, bought the car, and drove it back to Florida. What about you? Should be interesting...

James

1st time was to Philly from South Florida (flew up, Sat AM, was home Sunday early afternoon...right in the middle of college exams!). 2nd time I only went local, didn't want to end up with another "surprise" car.

Drove down to Maryland in my dad's lease car (made it real fast)
set the cruise on 100 - lol hell it was being turned in the next day
looked at the car, then went to pick up the trailer just barely made it there and pushed the car with 4 flats up on the trailer
(was a big project) got the car home (after the Ryder truck breaking down -vapor lock)

ABOUT 18 MONTHS & 30K+ AGO

The unit presently holding us hypnotized & captive to its needs & desires lived all of its previous consistently pampered low-mileage life in a garage approx. 30 miles away provided by its original family.

:eek: :eek: :) :eek: :eek:

My first GN I drove 1 hour to Western Massachusetts once to see it if it was still for sale (saw the ad in an autotrader magazine), once to test drive it, and one more time to do the paperwork.

My second GN I made 2 trips about 2.5 hours each to New Hampshire, once to check the car out and once to do the paperwork.

My TTA I just spoke to the seller over the phone. I then drove to Virginia (~10 hours each way) with the check in hand. I looked it over and then bought it and returned home. The car was shipped to me about a week later.

How far????????

Drove to BG 2 years ago looking and found a we4 and bought it and then come to find the family was from Ill. and gave the whole family a ride home after purchasing the car.(In my 2002 dodge ram 2500 diesel ) As I needed a trailer and such as I had a box full of part's and my son along for some father -son bonding.I might be able to buy back my first GN soon or it's going to be a TTA .........................................................Stephen

I bought mine off ebay from Arrowsmith IL. Tiny little town WAY in the middle of nowhere. 4-5 hrs each way. Towed it home on a car dolly. Hope to finally have it running this year............

First one was when I lived in the Houston area. Drove around 45 miles to get it..

Second one was about 45 miles from Birmingham in Jasper, Al. Bought from a friend.

Third one was about an hour north of Birmingham in Gadsden, Al.

Fourth one was about 1 1/2 hrs north of Birmingham in Huntsville, Al.

Fifth (and current) car was from Canton, NC. First looked at it at the Grand Rod Run in Pigeon Forge, Tn. After returning home and deciding to buy it he was kind enough to meet me just north of Atlanta.. About 3 hr drive from Birmingham.. Maybe I'll keep this one a while.. :)

Pensacola,FL. to N. Chicago,IL. Dollied back to P'cola. Wifes bought in Jax,FL. drove to P'cola.More fun to drive than tow!

Stephen Gibson: You buy that from John Harshman? Nice car...I bought mine 6 months before he put her up for sale...if I would have known, I would have waited.

ANYWAY, so far, I think I've got you all beat:
Springfield, Il to Chandler, AZ. 1600 + miles.

Found the car on this very site
I flew into Phoenix, purchased the car in the parking lot of the airport, drove north about an hour and the tranny went out it a fog of smoke.
The guy I bought it from brought a tranny to me (next day), we put it in on the side of the road and as soon as the car started, hopped in and drove straight back - 22 hours only stopping for gas with the replacement tranny flaring all the way.

It was a hell of a trip witha hell of a story ...maybe I'll share sometime

Couple of towns over for mine..

However the ones I looked at to buy prior:
(85 Hot air & 87) same town & (87) 2 hours away

found my white limited on gnttype.org ON A FRIDAY NIGHT in the parts section :rolleyes: it should have been in the cars for sale section, but the owners buddy accidentally placed it in the incorrect section-

i saw the ad within its first hour, emailed the buddy of the owner for pics, saw pics 20 minutes later, asked for the owners phone number-

I CALLED HIM UP AT 1 AM IN THE MORNING and woke his old butt up:p his first words were "do you usually call people this late at night" LOL

he bought the car new and it had some minor mods but the car was beautiful in the pictures and the price was to good to pass up.

i told him id be there saturday morning 5 hours after the bank opened since he lives 5.5 hours away ;)

my dad and i drove to GREAT BEND KANSAS and looked the car over, the car was perfect:)
drove home and it sitting in the garage

thats my story about my white on grey hardtop chrome limited
BW

1 mile from my house, no kidding! Saw it in the paper, seen that it had the same local number, called the dude and drove 1 mile to look at it and buy it.

Originally posted by smallv6
1 mile from my house, no kidding! Saw it in the paper, seen that it had the same local number, called the dude and drove 1 mile to look at it and buy it.

LOL that sounds like when we picked up my dads WE4-

it was 1 mile away and 1 block from the bank for the deposit

its been 2 years since we bought it, i swear the previous owner drives by just to keep an eye on it;)

Worked till 6am ,got off work jumped on a plane to South Carolina,waited 7hours at the airport for Peoplefirst to transfer $$$,then drove home to Chicago,,Pulled over and slept in the car for a few hours...Long day...

I beat you all, I drove 711 Miles in a motor home staying somewhere in texas one day, getting the car, driving nonstop another 711 Miles back to Colorado (20 hours to get there, 11 hours back)