You can type here any text you want

How fast..... Busch Motors

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Darkside

Does anyone know how fast these Busch/Nascar type motors are? Whats the difference between these motors and stage II motors? Had a guy tell me me with his Busch motor, nitrous, and '87 he was pushing 1000hp? What you guys think?

I believe the Busch motors were getting around 500hp with no turbo. They were stage II motors with carburetors. I believe they ran regular Stage II heads also. I think hp wise they were close to the V8s at the time and they got a big weight break for the lack of displacement.

As far as I know the ones used at Indy were aluminum stage II blocks and the heads were made specifically for indy. I know for sure the blocks were production based like stage IIs. From what I've heard they were making a ton of hp and the bottom ends were very reliable but they had a problem with the valvetrain surviving at 12,000 rpm.

For one, the strength. The limit of the stage II block has yet to be found. I don't know about today but I remember when the Stage II heads were being produced they outflowed anything made by Chevy. With the stronger bottom end you can turn more rpms and make a lot more power. It is weird the first time you take one of these things to 7,000 rpm and above when you're used to shifting at 5,000.

Back