You can type here any text you want

How fast on a Dutt neck Intercooler?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

19TTA89

I know 8sec Pete!!!
Whats the fastest anyone has gone on a dutt neck Intercooler?

post up the times...lets see em...:biggrin:

Good question I'm looking forward to seeing the replies...

Where in Cetral Jersey are you from? I grew up in East Brunfesss....

I think Ive heard of high 9's, but probably more realistically, low 10's. You should also bellmouth the dutt neck inlet instead of leaving it in the as cast shape, where the entry walls are sharp edges. You can gain another 1psi on top of the gains already there by switching to a dutt neck, by simply bellmouthing the inlet and sawing off the rolled lips on the inlet and outlet of the steel up-pipe. Those lips are terrible for flow. It throws the stream into a serious tumble and heats the air up. I gained 2.5psi from the dutt neck, 1 psi from those mods I mentioned, and another 1psi from a 3.5" buickGN.com intake tube.

i went 11.60 on a ta-49. i know its not fast but it helped the 49 because its a heavy car with steel wheels and i know there is more in it

L8R V8R...

What combo were you running to get those times with a Dutt neck?

Shawn.

Ran that in TSS at the 06 Nats. Used a TA66 turbo, ported iron heads, 224 hydraulic roller,.040 JE pistons. Put the big neck stock intercooler on after noticing my stretch intercooler was busted. I was suprised that it didn't hurt my performance. That was at 26 or 27 lbs and zero knock. I'm sure there was more left but I didn't push it.
Randy

Ran that in TSS at the 06 Nats. Used a TA66 turbo, ported iron heads, 224 hydraulic roller,.040 JE pistons. Put the big neck stock intercooler on after noticing my stretch intercooler was busted. I was suprised that it didn't hurt my performance. That was at 26 or 27 lbs and zero knock. I'm sure there was more left but I didn't push it.
Randy

Randy,

Thanks for the info...You helped make my decision to go with the Dutt neck Instead of spending the extra money (Possibly needlessly) on another intercooler.

I am only looking for low 11's...I had a buddy that saw absolutely no gain with his car going to a V4 from a Dutt neck...That was on a mid 11sec car.

My combo,
cpt-66BB
Gn-1 aluminums
208-201 FT cam
75's...TT chip...Dual Nozzle Alky...Yadda...Yadda...Yadda.

Thanks,Shawn

wow. im impressed by some of the times listed. didnt have any idea they could take a car that far.

Old thread alert.. Ttt any updates over the last 9 years? Anyone actually still using them?

Back