You can type here any text you want

How fast on a TE-45?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

STP

Narrow A$$ Racing
Might be a question for John Craig. But here goes...What will the TE-45 support hp wise? If you are or have run the TE-45 what were your times with it? Contemplating an upgrade...

On the small side...

J.C.'s Te45 has a 63mm compressor wheel. I had this turbo on my stock block, stock iron headed motor a few years ago. This turbo has been known to go mid-high 10's with the production set-up. Now-a-days this would even be considered a little on the small side for a production motor, let alone a Stage motor. Most race production motored cars are using the Te45a, Te70, or even the T-76. I don't think I've seen a Stage motored car with anything smaller than the T-76 in quite a few years.

I have gone 125 on my 45A and stock block, 3700# car at 23 lbs boost....I am sure the turbo is 130 capable (just not my block....)

my cars gone 135 mph on a 45a.just not in the 1320 foot mark.I like to stay in it .I think 130 is very possible at about 10.40 if you cranked it up my best is in the 50s however Im working on a new set up with better 1/8 mile results just havent worked out the bugs in 3rd gear .After I get the max effort R and my newinjectors & cam working Im hoping to go some 10.40s.

Update... Put 4 passes on the car today. Ran a best of 11.23 at 125 on 20psi with DR's. Short times in the 1.90's. I was pleased, 125 was all i wanted out of it before i went racin...Might be a 10 sec car using current combo with some boost and a better short time. I think the 55's and single intank pump may hold it back tho..Lata

TulsaGN went 129.9@OK Ford Buick Shootout last year
JC 45 Turbo and 55 inj. 206/206roller cam , stock ported heads and stock block and crank

It is a full car, even GN wheels on the frt(heavy)

STP, nice runs. What turbo do you have in it now? What converter?

qwknuf, do you know how much boost that was at?

JC-45 with a 9" Art Carr. Last run made on 20psi. Short times sucked. It was shakin the radials all the way thru first. Shotty track prep here in Alabama : )

thats cool, what stall speed is the Art Carr, whats your combo if you don't mind my asking?

Also what turbo did you have, how does this one compare?

thanks

Only turbo i've run on the car is the 45...If that answers your question...Scott

Originally posted by LIVE4MPH
STP, nice runs. What turbo do you have in it now? What converter?

qwknuf, do you know how much boost that was at?

24lbs but spikes 4lbs when the conv locks up @end of the run

Back