You can type here any text you want

How many miles are you getting on M/T Drags

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TWISTER

Need a new set of D/R and really like the M/T drag radials but want them to last Ive had the Nittos and the BFG which suck if the track isnt prepped. Best 60' on the BFG was 1.72 but I may go back to them ,my car is driven once a week to shows or dinner and the track once a year . Just dont want to buy the M/Ts and have them wear out in a few miles. So what kinda miles should I expect with normal diving and the occasional street race?

im at around 8k miles and still not at the wear bars, they are close but still not there

i drive my MT ETs to the track and back, thats about 20k a trip and tires are not even wearing, ive run them about 3 times like this. :biggrin:

I thought I read awhile back how people were only gettinf a few hundred miles on them and not lasting more than one seoson but I cant find the info now that I need it.

I've probably got about 6k miles on mine. They're not down to the wear bars yet, either. Even if I only got 500 miles out of them I'd buy another pair. They hook awesome. I couldn't get anything else to hook. So far my best is a 1.57 with the M/Ts. I think there's more left in them, too.

Jim

6,000 miles is alot in my opinion from what I keep hearing, I dont abuse my car too much and if I get close to that I will be happy. The BFGs I have sucked so bad at one track I just killed them in front of a friends house one night and left it at that. M/T are the ticket for me then. Thanks for all the help

for 150 or so passes before my 60s started slipping back and ill be due soon , got the same out of last set , maybe 1k miles on the road , but to be fair i heat them good in the box and do hit them hard off the line ,

getting a season out of them for most people should be no problem
mine went on in november and havent been road safe for about two months (no grooves) , im getting close to my 150th pass on these but still hook good .
having another set of road rims with nittos for longer trips will make your MTs last a lot longer

TWISTER said:
6,000 miles is alot in my opinion from what I keep hearing, I dont abuse my car too much and if I get close to that I will be happy. The BFGs I have sucked so bad at one track I just killed them in front of a friends house one night and left it at that. M/T are the ticket for me then. Thanks for all the help

I don't abuse them much. Once in a while I'll leave a nice, long patch on the road by my house just to mark my territory. It's fun to watch other patches appear as people try to match it (so far I'm the burn out king in that regard).

Anyway, I don't use my street tires at the track. The M/Ts with 6k miles on them are my 275/50s which I use on the street only. I have 275/60s for the track. Using them for both street and track will obviously shorten their life a bit depending on how often you go to the track and how you heat them up (they like to be abused in order to hook).

Jim

Same topic, different tire

Just got a pair of Comp DR's, almost new. What kind of miles cold I expect on the street, few 1/4 mile passes? Also, what's the best way to use at the track: light smoke or fry them? Sorry for the different tire question. TIA

MY3TTYPES said:
Just got a pair of Comp DR's, almost new. What kind of miles cold I expect on the street, few 1/4 mile passes? Also, what's the best way to use at the track: light smoke or fry them? Sorry for the different tire question. TIA

a friend tried those , wear rate was poor and traction was poor for a DR , his best on stock turbo running 12.4 was a high 1.7 60' and most were 1.8-1.9, this kind of 60 ft can be done on street tires

Comp DR's

Sounds like I should really heat them first then. If not to hook well then to replace 'em sooner? :confused:

My best on the BFG was low 1.7s with stock suspenion. If the track isnt prepped well I would spin off the line and every pass with a 8 or 10# launch.

TWISTER said:
My best on the BFG was low 1.7s with stock suspenion. If the track isnt prepped well I would spin off the line and every pass with a 8 or 10# launch.
How much did you heat the tires for the best results and what tire do you prefer for street/strip use?

Seems it didnt matter what I did at the time I blamed it on the track not being prepped. Tires were ok on the street but stay out of the rain. Like driving on ice,Im getting the M/T Drags now and Im sure I will be happy with them. I ran like 18#s int the BFGs at the track if that helps.

TWISTER said:
Seems it didnt matter what I did at the time I blamed it on the track not being prepped. Tires were ok on the street but stay out of the rain. Like driving on ice,Im getting the M/T Drags now and Im sure I will be happy with them. I ran like 18#s int the BFGs at the track if that helps.
Thanks for the input. Every little bit of info helps. I'll probably try to burn them off this summer and just get a match for the Nittos on front.

drove in rain

yes mine are new but I drove in the rain and they were way better then my nitto drag radials on my camaro. Maybe it was the car diff. I don't now

Back