How many miles do y'all put on your buick?

everyday, 20 miles a day to and from work, and i test and make sure my alky kit works everyday at 25 psi.. and love it !!

PaCemkr86 said:
everyday, 20 miles a day to and from work, and i test and make sure my alky kit works everyday at 25 psi.. and love it !!

Amen brother! although my 245/50 KDWS do not really like it anything under 50 mph :eek:

its my daily driver for half the year so i would say close to 250 a week on a normal week and 5-600 if i make a trip back to my parents or friends house back home. Its a blast. It handles well... looks pretty good and goes like stink. Its had its problems but i built the car to be a fast daily driver that was reliable and its getting closer to being 100% what i want.

Blazer406 said:
I can't believe all the people that have chimed in that don't "drive" their turbo Buick. It is too much fun not to drive it......

I guess I understand if you have a "cream puff" .... but that is probably the exception on these cars.... most have been beat pretty hard.... and have at least 100k miles...... perfect candidate for a "driver".

One of the reasons I like driving the older cars... is that common maintenance items... like brake pads are cheap.... got a set today for my GN.... $12..... can't beat that with a stick!

Mine's not a cream puff, but in order to be able to afford it as 3rd car I've got 'collector' insurance on it. $250 a year, but limited mileage (3k per year). If it gets stolen from work or the mall I'm not covered - limited use clause.

Jim

As many as possible!!!

Used to drive 30 miles one way to work, all turnpike (75 limit) - FUN FUN FUN. Drove on dry days under 100F only.

Now I drive 10 miles one way, all highway, but all congested traffic. Still sortof FUN.

5000-6000 miles last year, May-October.

I drive mine 200 to 300 a week, my only car

and I drive the crap out of it, it has 142k right now, new tranny, original engine. Runs 7.5 in the 1/8th and i plan on improving upon that. Its amazing how much abuse the stock engine and head gaskets can take.

the car is in great shape, just needs new drivers seat upholstery and carpet

even though the outside has 4 different shades of primer, and a dark grey fender I still get people stopping me and complimenting me on it (i think its the shiney draglites ) It really really really needs paint though... the original stuff is so thin its getting that surface rust in alot of places. It makes me sad :(

Once these cars get to this age and mileage they remind me of the aircraft we work on in the Marine Corps, our newest H46 was built in 1977 so every last thing imaginable has allready been replaced at some point or continually being replaced and repaired. You don't win, you just have to keep on top of it or the number of things wrong will just add up and drown you.

So im always fixing something weekly. Still cheaper than a car payment though.

turbojimmy said:
Mine's not a cream puff, but in order to be able to afford it as 3rd car I've got 'collector' insurance on it. $250 a year, but limited mileage (3k per year). If it gets stolen from work or the mall I'm not covered - limited use clause.

Jim

My full coverage runs about $45/month .... I thought it was semi-reasonable....I have relatively high deductibles though....

I drive my silver limited daily, 40 miles round trip to work and back.
The only time i wont drive it is when its going to snow and if i need to haul something with a pickup or drive another toy to work.

Today i had to make a phone call on the way home, the battery exploded and the car died 1 mile from my house...

Regal 798 trips to work and back, 67 firebird 1 3/4 trips :rolleyes: :(
Ruined the paint on the birds hood,fender,and roof :mad:

Owning 4 Regals
1) 400 miles /year
2) 2000 miles / year
3) 4000 miles /year
4) 8000 miles / year

bye, Ed
http://edchapman.tripod.com/cars.html

-- 84 T-Type WH1 15.4@89 bone stock original - runner up B-5 GS nats 2004
-- 87 T 14.1@97 stock daily driver
-- 87 GN bone stock original - 399/400 points BCA senior gold 2005
-- 03 GSX 14.9@93 bone stock daily driver

About 1,000 miles a year. She's showing just over 79,000 on the clock so that averages about 4,000 miles a year fo 19 years.