How many option codes are on your sticker

Mine has 92....and G80 isnt one of them:mad: Lets see.....digital dash, digital climate control, power windows/locks/trunk, remote mirror, t-tops, concert sound II, leather seats, normal TR stuff, suspension/trans/rearend, window tint, etc, etc...and the WE2 option of course:cool:

Originally posted by efi-street
Ok, counted them. Mine has 67 including all the standard GN stuff.

I'd be interested to decode your RPO sticker Clay. Send it to me and I'll send it back completed. My GN has 77 codes and it has exactly ten options, one of which is the WE2 GN package.

I don't think the number of codes necessarily corresponds to how well optioned the car is. For instance my GN has UP7 (Radio Provisions for Mono), UX6 (Speaker System, Front Dual), and U63 (AM Radio). A car I am considering has UQ1 (Radio Provisions for Stereo), UW4 (6 Speaker Concert Sound), and UX1 (Radio, ETR AM/FM Stereo w/ Seek/Scan, Cassette, Graphic EQ, and Clock). That's a big difference with the same number of codes.

Or a car could have J42 (Aluminum Rear Drums) or J41 (Cast Iron Rear Drums). And on and on...

BTW, a car I am looking at has only 54 codes on the RPO sticker. And yet it's a T top car with 15 options. Go figure.

Originally posted by ALBERTAN
I'd be interested to decode your RPO sticker Clay. Send it to me and I'll send it back completed. My GN has 77 codes and it has exactly ten options, one of which is the WE2 GN package.

Dean, I emailed you both the decal pic and the decoded word doc.

Anybody know where I can find a book that decodes the option codes on trunk. It would be nice to know what the car is 'supposed' to have for options. :D

KB

80 here on my newly acquired GN. No concert sound but it does have G80, LC2 and the WE2 so I guess all is ok. :cool:

My WE4 has 73 codes. I have no rear defroster, but I do have a block heater (not on RPO sticker b/c engine came from a candian GN). No matter how many options it has or doesn't have... I LOVE IT!!! :biggrin:

My 87T had no rear window defogger, no remote pass. side mirror, no power windows or door locks, anaolg dash, no cruise control but it does have the G80. I have the window sticker so I'll have to do a count.
Now that I swapped the interior out of a wrecked V8 Limited I have power windows and door locks, light up vanity mirror, light up dash on pass. side, and soon to be installed cruise control. :biggrin:

Others have nailed it. Depends on year etc. That said, I have 92 which seems to match the "loaded" feel of the car. Its an '86 btw.

My 1st 87 GN has 93 or 94, I'll have to go and count again. My 86 GN had the deck lid replaced, so I was never able to find out, but the car had everything except a hole in the roof, digital dash or block heater, so it had to be near 100 on it. My 86 T had low 60's. It was a very low optioned car, heck it was bench seat and column shift, power nothing with tilt. I have not counted my 2nd 87 GN, so I need to go and count it.
John

I have 94 codes on my 86 GN. It has every option but the CC1 T-top and CF5 astroroof. If I counted correctly there were 33 possible options for the 86 Regal which would mean there would be 32 for the 87's if you delete the C68 climate control from the list. The 84-85 would be the cars with the most codes possible because they listed some standard equipment with the LM9 like brake parts and such. Out of all of the G-bodies, the Regal had the most options available. Most of the codes on the label of a TR are for the black moldings so it is even possible for a GN to have more codes than an 87 Limited which in turn has some Limited only codes but still not enough to offset a GN. I think at one time I determined that it was impossible for a TR to have more than 95 codes. One thing is for sure. A fully loaded Cadillac of the same vintage doesn't even come close to matching the codes on a TR SPID label. Heck, I had a 84 Riviera T-Type with almost every option that didn't even break into the 80's as far as codes go. You know, 94 codes almost fills up the SPID label. I often wonder what GM would have done if that was possible. Make the SPID label bigger or just add a second label? And if I read it right,you guys with the Canadian cars get an extra code. RPO Z49 for Canadian equipment.

6APPEAL said:
My 86 GN had the deck lid replaced, so I was never able to find out, but the car had everything except a hole in the roof, digital dash or block heater, so it had to be near 100 on it.

My '86 has the T-roof and digital dash but still falls many options short of 100.

S