You can type here any text you want

How many TR owners in Kentucky/Tennessee?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo39151

anycoloraslongasitsblack
Looking to get some info on either state. I have been doing research on both states online but I'd like a personal perspective. I'm thinking about moving to one of these states - leaning towards Kentucky...

Need to go where there are at least a few Buick people...:cool:

Please post up...

Knoxville, TN. There are a number of us in/around here - real nice town and great area. Smoky Mountains Nat'l Park, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge and lots of other areas of interest close by.

There's a few TR folks in west TN too on the outskirts of Memphis. We also have a nice facility in Memphis Motorsports Park.

Thanks for the posts. I'm looking for information on these states in terms of economy, amenities, and economic potential (job availability). I've ound some potential land parcels I'm interested in but don't want to jump into anything without getting a feel for the place. And of course I prefer to be in a TR friendly area...

Tennessee seems to be doing well economically. Recently they were able to lure Nissan's HQ away from California; it's relocated in middle TN. Within the last year International Paper relocated its HQ to Memphis & Service Master recently announced their intention to move their HQ from Chicago to Memphis. Of course, Memphis is also home to Fed Ex and Auto Zone. Then there these other big hitters based here; Thomas & Betts, Sharp Manufacturing USA, Brother Industries USA, Smith & Nephew, Ducks Ulimited, Morgan Keegan & Elvis Presley Enterprises. :biggrin:

Guess I should check this forum more often. :eek:

There are quite a few T/R guys here in East TN. Sevierville is next door to Knoxville. Kinda in between Knoxville and Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg.
Got any specific info you need? Type of work you might be looking for, type of housing/land? etc.
Economy's pretty good around here, and I really like the close proximity to the Smoky Mt.'s Weather's great, 4 real seasons with short winters (not much snow to speak of), relatively mild summers compared to other parts of the state.

And of course there are other advantages... No state income tax, no smog checks (in this part of the state anyway), moderately low realstate, easy cost of living, low gas prices, etc. etc.

After spending close to 15 years in SoCal, I left there for all of the above reasons.

TurboDave: Thanks for the response as well. I'm thinking about relocating. Leaning toward Kentucky but might be persuaded toward TN. I have a few pieces of land in mind but I'm thinking about the type of economy I'd be getting into. Some years back I left FL which was mainly service based and very seasonal. Here in SoCal it's a different story but I'm sick of traffic, taxes, expense, etc... So, I think I need to slow down a bit and move into the "country"...

Tn

I'm also in TN, I live 7mi from TurboDave and just in halls 35mi away we have Mark Thomas aka (puddin) who is a good engine builder. In this close area alone there are 7-10 of us who own Turbo regals/ grand nationals that get together pretty often for the local cruise in and the local car shows.:biggrin: In Pigeon Forge they have several car shows a year that would blow your mind!! they are HUGE! 7mi of people with their chairs along the sidewalks and cars everywhere and bumper to bumper cruising. Muscle Rides and Welcome to Pro-Touring.com & G-Machines.com just held there 2nd anual Run Through The Hills event here in pigeon forge sept.16th during the Grand Rod Run. It's alot of fun here. Be carefull where you buy in KY cause there are some rough people in some areas and quite a bit of drugs & crime. sevierville, Pigeon forge, Knoxnville are all decent places to live and very car orriented... Here's mine!! Scot w.

There are a lot of Florida folks I know moving to TN. They are fed up with the hurricanes/high insurance costs. If anyone in TN wants to trade homes LMK.

Back