How much injector for low 12s

Weazel

This just in,alky is good
Hello. I KNOW there's a chart on GNTType.org that shows what various turbos and injectors are capable of as far as 1/4 mile times and MPHs go. I can't seem to find it right now (I'll bookmark it next time!!) Anyway, I want to know how big an injector I'll have to run to get into the lower 12s, on a close to full weight car, running alky (probably 22-23 psi). I know it'll take some work. I have the pump for it, now I just need to know what size injectors. Will 36#ers work? Or should I got 42.5#? Thanks!

Why not 50s. No downside I can see. I run 50s with a stock turbo and I'm currently getting 19 MPG.

actually, the stock ones will take you very close to 12.0 so any larger injectors will work fine.

Thanks for the replies! I would go larger if I could find a similar deal, but there's a set of 36s for sale on this site for cheap. With the alky I'd like to run a bigger injector to be safe. Thanks a lot!!

They are great injectors and would take you well into the 11s if you wanted to go that fast....if you got a good price, go for them.

You can't go wrong with the original Ford bluetops, I have had them on my GN for about 8 years now and they are great, will give you plenty of fuel to do low 12's

Well, don't know how good of a deal your getting, or if they are blue tops, 868, or what?? Stock inj. should do low 12's, some have even dipped into 11's on them. Why are you upgrading, are yours bad, or leaking?? Maybe just a set of cleaned, flow matched stockers. Chuck Leeper does a great job, at a great price. I just got a set of stockers from him. They looked good as new, are accompanied with flow test sheets, and were numbered as to which inj, to which cylinder!! I'd highly reccomend them.

One reason for not using the stockers is that some of them have a lot of miles on them and are getting tired.

I got a set of 009s and they work fine. Bought 'em used from someone on this site. I was in the mid 12's with the stockers, stock intercooler, stock turbo. 009s, big-neck intercooler, and Cheetah Stage III turbo brought me down into the lower 12s, but every car appears to be different. Some folks are into the 11s with the stock stuff. Mine wouldn't hit low 12s stock.
Keith

I like the 009s, because you know at some point you're going to want to go faster. That's when you'll wish you had that little extra fuel the 009s give. But the blue tops will work for you if low 12s are what you're shooting for and planning on staying there...lol...yeah right we've all said that before.

I've seen plenty of people hitting mid 11s with blue tops so you should have enough injector for your goals plus they get good mpg and there are some good chips out there for them.

Originally posted by Weazel
Thanks for the replies! I would go larger if I could find a similar deal, but there's a set of 36s for sale on this site for cheap. With the alky I'd like to run a bigger injector to be safe. Thanks a lot!!

Alky is a substitute, so actually you will need less fuel. Alky is a perfect solution if you are on the edge with the stockers without going to a bigger injector.