You can type here any text you want

How much invested??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Mine is a Hybrid but I have about $15k in it as it sits. I need to do the interior next and then it will be done (yeah right!)

The most expensive parts for me were the transmission and then paint and body work next. And to think it started out as a nice running $500 beater!

I agree about not tallying up the price, it could tend to push you away from the hobby or make you way too paranoid about the car and what fun is that?

The only reason I know is a co-worker once asked. I had to ask if he meant real $ or ebay money. If you factor in $1 = $20 on ebay (I used to buy Hot Wheels and other toys and resell them then the true out of pocket price is quite lower, closer to about $8000.

Just remember my formula 20 Hot Wheels = 4 Centerline rims with tires (on Ebay of course)

Including what I paid for the car I'm at about 13K. I was just telling a friend yesterday that I feel like I'm cheating on my wife because I spend more on the car than I do on her :eek:

what we have in our cars is pennies compared to folks like Bamford, Garcia, Hartline & Cotton.

I started adding one day, and my calculator ran out of numbers...

Guessing I'm in for $30K at least. Mostly parts, machine work. Only labor was two or three tranny issues I didn't want to mess with-snapped some internals once and then got a new converter. All I have to do to get my money back is put it on Barrett-Jackson

Including car, I just broke 4 grand with a translator and chip. It runs and dosen't look bad...unless the car is sitting still. Oh well, I know it's on it's death bed but it's still a fun car.

geez i've got over 7 grand in this junker alone, and it looks like hell! but why not, still cheaper than a new vette :tongue: . seriously though we would just spend it on something else, why not something we enjoy. :D

car... 11750
misc crap-3K
Transmission-2700
turbo-500

Knowing the car runs worse than the day you bought it, the paint is fading and you still owe 3 thousand and now it doesnt run at all....

Priceless

My GOD I just realized I have a car thats worth about 5 thousand dollars as it sits... How stupid am I?

Back