You can type here any text you want

How much to gain by putting the GN on a diet?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V8KILLR

2speed 1day fast & faster
This question is also in the Gen Tech, but was looking for more help on this question.

You can see my time below. I think with the right stall that dropping to low 11s should not be a problem. My question is, w/ my combo and times that I think the car will do, what time do you guys think that I'll be able to hit by putting the GN on a diet? Please list the areas that I'll be dropping the lbs off of, i.e. the hood, the bumpers and so on. Can I drop 500 or 600 lbs?

Thanks,
Jason

I do not know if you can lose 500 - 600 lbs. but for every 100 lbs. of weight removed; you will reduce your ET by approx. 1 tenth. The best bang for the buck for weight reduction is on the rotating masses such as the wheels, driveshaft and brake drums.
Good Luck,
Jeff

Thanks Jeff!

I've got the wheel, ProStars and when I take the car off the road, I'll be going to Bogarts. Have not done the brake drums yet. I also have power seat and power windows/locks. So I was thinking about selling those some time.

Jason

Jason, I had a similar setup on my car only with a 68-1 turbo and ran a 10.80 @128mph with 1.60 sixty foot. The sixty foot is very important if you want low ET's. I do not know how far you want to go with weight reduction but front fiberglass bumpers and relocation of the battery to the trunk help in weight transfer.
Good Luck,
Jeff

Back