How Much To Make My 88 Monte Ss Have A Buick V6 Turbo And Trans

BUICK BOY

How Much Would It Cost,and How Hard Would It Be I Wanna Make It A 10 Second Very Streetable Car,what You Guys Think

i too once wanted to do this. i asked a few buick guys. one told me like 5k. the other told me it depends on how much i get the motor for. i would say look around for one that has already been done. it will be a whole lot cheaper. hybrids are definately out there. how soon are you trying to do it?

Just put a built SBC (406) ,turbo 400 trans and a GN rear end in there, it will do wonders! :)

Attachments

• MVC-003X.jpg
    MVC-003X.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 400
Just put a built SBC (406) ,turbo 400 trans and a GN rear end in there, it will do wonders! :)

Ditto, a 400 sbc can make 450 hp and 500 tq w/o being too untame, or if you want to go even wilder you can get 500 +. I'd use a 200-4R though (most likely what you have now) before a 400 unless you plan on lots of t-brake stands.

lol

Alot cheaper and faster to just do a SBC with twins...

That was why I got away from the regal and the v6. If it is a monte then you won't have to hear the whole idea about it being sacreligious. :redface: Not to mention sound better, more reliable, all around better platform. The v6 is meant to carry old people to the post office. :p

Ditto, a 400 sbc can make 450 hp and 500 tq w/o being too untame, or if you want to go even wilder you can get 500 +. I'd use a 200-4R though (most likely what you have now) before a 400 unless you plan on lots of t-brake stands.

Those are the exact hp and tq ratings my motor produced on the dyno, and I only have a .480/.480 lift cam. I built the car as a daily driver back in 96, that is why I put such a small cam in there. I will be swapping it out this summer to a .560 roller. Hopefully I'll see some big gains.

My WE4 made 500/600 and never had less than 500 ft/lbs of torque from 3500 where the pull started all the way to redline and got 21 mpg on the Power Tour, a 400 Chevy(an N/A one anyway) wont do that! The WH1 I had a few years ago and sold on here has been going 10's for 5 years with zero motor problems and has the original crank(cut20/20), rods and factory pistons. Don't sell the little 109 short, built right and tuned right it they are extremely dependable and it would take an extremely well built NA SBC to have comparable performance. What you get with a turbo motor that you don't get with an N/A motor is a flat torque curve.

if you need a trans and moter ask 2turboRX-7 hes got like 3 hes putting a buick v6 turbo moter in a RX-7.but the moter in the rx-7 is going 2 b twin turbo plus tubbed out. about the swap out to make you ss have a buick v6 turbo moter in it, i would say...... like 2500-3500 but it all depends on the miles its got on it, what parts it has inside.

Those are the exact hp and tq ratings my motor produced on the dyno, and I only have a .480/.480 lift cam. I built the car as a daily driver back in 96, that is why I put such a small cam in there. I will be swapping it out this summer to a .560 roller. Hopefully I'll see some big gains.

Is your current cam a flat tappet?

Hydro or mechanical?

I have a 400 sbc I want to build up to have a mild lope to it, but make TONS of torque and horsepower.

YOU are going to spend way more than 5k. unless you just want a all stock motor, stock tranny, and nothing else. You will need a feed line, dont forget the engine harness. if you put the dash in, you need all that stuff. You will need the rear end, etc. etc. etc. you basically need a complete running parts car. If you can find one for less than 4-5k, you'll be ok. Thats until the engine and trans blow up, then your in another 4-5k.:cool:

i'd say 10k to do it right. Not cheap at all. Especially when you start buying turbo's, intercoolers, injectors, suspension parts for the new found torque, transmission rebuilds, convertors, scanmasters, fuel pumps... it all adds up quick.

and you posted this in the wrong section bro.

monte

Thanks guys, i think ill leave my monte alone it already has a 350 aluminum head hydralic roller motor with a 548 lift and a 3500 stahl,350 trans,373 posi rear, thats in it now. It runs strong but ive been hearing so many good things about the t type and Gn motors the power you can make, and gas you can save.GUESS ill keep looking for a TR.Would be cool to have two of the best muscle cars of the 80's as i am a 80's baby

muscle what ?

Thanks guys, i think ill leave my monte alone it already has a 350 aluminum head hydralic roller motor with a 548 lift and a 3500 stahl,350 trans,373 posi rear, thats in it now. It runs strong but ive been hearing so many good things about the t type and Gn motors the power you can make, and gas you can save.GUESS ill keep looking for a TR.Would be cool to have two of the best muscle cars of the 80's as i am a 80's baby

not to bust your bubble :wink: but the 80's montes were never anything of a muscle car :cool:

You are on the right track, sell your Monte and buy a TR. You'll thank yourself later for it.

Muscle Deeeeeeeesssss

Everyone Knows Monte Ss From The 80's Didnt Have Much Muscle At All But They Are Still Muscle Cars So No You Didnt Bust My Bubble Or Anything Else You Really Busted Your Own Bubble

yeah the montes of the 80s were still nice. you can make a monte just as nasty as a TR. just because the TRs were nastier than the montes from the factory doesn't mean there are no sick montes out there. either car can be made to goes just as fast as the other.

?

Everyone Knows Monte Ss From The 80's Didnt Have Much Muscle At All But They Are Still Muscle Cars So No You Didnt Bust My Bubble Or Anything Else You Really Busted Your Own Bubble

:eek: Buickbaby :rolleyes: and if you didnt know they only production G-body muscle car happen to be the BUICKS with the LC2 options :eek: