You can type here any text you want

How much to sleeve a block?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turboclam

I may need to have a stage block sleeved. It is a siamese bore, how much per sleeve and what do I need to look out for? Thanks!

Wow. The last time I had to have a block sleeved (SB Chevy) was back in 88 on an engine I built for a friend. It was $8 for the sleeve and $65 for the labor, then the rest of the machine work. I am sure with the price of metal going up over the years, it will be a bit more. Hope this helps.

I had a 109 sleeved a few years ago. It ran about $125 or so.

Gets more expensive if the block has to be decked after the sleeve is installed. The fella I used did a lot of sleeve installs and he knew how to do it without decking the block. I used Windy City Machine in Chicago. Darton was the sleeve supplier.

He finish bored / honed it with a torque plate installed. I remember he had to purchase the torque plate for the Buick.

Price difference between dry and wet sleeve?

I imagine if I did my homework right, a siamese block will be fit with a dry sleeve. Is the process the same? Thanks for any input!

Back