You can type here any text you want

How much trouble would my friend give me????

• Thread starter Thread starter 92Turbo
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

92Turbo

He is thinking about getting a 240sx with a SR20-DET motor. I am putting a GN motor in my 92 RS. I was wondering how much trouble would he give me? Both stock for stock and if we both had mods.

Originally posted by 92Turbo
He is thinking about getting a 240sx with a SR20-DET motor. I am putting a GN motor in my 92 RS. I was wondering how much trouble would he give me? Both stock for stock and if we both had mods.

What is a SR20-DET motor?

I assume the RS is a Camaro?

Yes its a Camaro and the Nissan engine is the engine that goes in the Silvias that are only in Japan. Its kinda like a Skyline.

Hmmm....

I think you will still have the advantage. Those Silvias have "only" like 180 hp, right? He's definitely lighter, and still RWD, but with the torque out of the Turbo 6, I think you will get the jump on him and be able to fend him off.
PS let us know!

Sorry you're going to lose. RS's are slugs! That's pretty sad. Throw a blower on there, or a 50 shot, and you might stand a chance.

:)

87Octane

You are about the dumbest TROLL we've ever had on this BB!!!:mad: Please go back to the ricer BB's where u came from cause u are nothing but a stupid **** talking moron who is probably still in grade school!!! This guy is putting a Buick turbo6 motor in a RS Camaro and I'm sure it will be a lot faster than this SR20-DET powered 240sx considering it only has 180hp and once he starts modding it the guy with the SR20-DET will need to put a **** load of $$$ to even compete... BTW, your Celica GTS runs low 16's to high 15's at best if u even have one and there's no way in hell it will run 12's unless u spent about $20,000 and even then it will still just be a Celica which BTW is nothing but an econo car that gets decent gas mileage u dumb ****ing RICER... Take your factory freak that runs 16's and head over to some Celica BB and please don't come back unless u get a real car and know what your talking about:mad:

Oops my deepest apologies! I must learn to read more throughly. All I read was 92 RS I didn't see the portion saying GN Motor. Sorry!

In that case it should be a little closer race. I hope it's not a T-type motor. Apparently those things aren't that fast.

Question? I was under the impression that GN's and T-types had basically the same motor. I know GN's are pretty fast but why was I able to beat a T-type? Different motor?

Question? I was under the impression that GN's and T-types had basically the same motor. I know GN's are pretty fast but why was I able to beat a T-type? Different motor?

Because you were obviously dreaming. Your an idiot, go AWAY fag

Hey 87Octane

I've got a proposition for you, My step-son has a '81 Honda Trail bike, a whopping 110 CC, single cylinder, single carb motorcycle. I'll bet you $100 I can take your celica to 20MPH!!!

I agree w/ Striker_29, I don't even care if you go away mad, JUST GO AWAY!!!

GN's and T types have the same Buick turbo6 motor... Now that I've answered your question please go away and never come back and BTW u didn't beat a T type u dreamed of beating a T type u RICER TROLL!!!

He may have beat a t-type. They did make them with the 160 hp olds 307 engine. If that is what he ran then it might have been a good race. Otherwise he is dreaming. Oh, a pro driver might be able to knock .3 seconds off a standard 1/4 mile time, but not 3 seconds.

Sorry 92Turbo!! Have you started your swap at all? Mine's pretty much on hold until I paint the GN.

:( no not yet. I dont really know where to start. I am going to buy everything needed and then break the car down. I really need a list of EVERYTHING I will need. But I think I have it mainly figured out. Seeing how you have an IROC and also doing the swap you could be of much help to me.

The most expensive part has been the Spohn Engineering Torque arm/tranny cross member. It was nearly $400 after shipping. If you aren't using a 200R4 you won't have to worry. Email me if you need anything specific.

The SR20-DE motor is the N/A version with anywhere from 180 to 200hp and the SR20-DET is the same 2.0 liter 4 bangger with a turbo that makes about 220 to 240hp... I would think you'd have more than enough power in the turbo6 to stomp his 240sx so I wouldn't worry:cool:

i know japaneez cars ok

the sr20det is a pretty cool motor,having nothing in common with the dog they give the 240sx. turbo 4 cyl, 220 or 230 hp stock, but we all know that any turbo motor can be modded quite simply. he will probably go for a boost controler, and crank it up a bit, and his car i lighter , but u have more potentual. also, there is no say in the condidion of the sr20det . people i know that order this motor from japan are always buying used motors, not new ones. many of them dont run perfect, one guy even got one w/ rod knock. id say u have the better car, but there is no telling what will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back