You can type here any text you want

How much will a FMIC help???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1chance

Hi, i was just wanting to know how much if any will a FMIC help my car. Any idea, like HP, or 1/4 et improve?

It would depend on where you're at. Post some specifics about your combo, tune, and times and someone might be able to take a SWAG.

The 3 biggest changes I noticed when building my car was.

First: was a Turbo TA 60

Second: 3'' Downpipe

Third: RJC Front Mount

After each upgrade there was a tremendous difference in power it felt like a new car after each one. :)

Hope this helps I don't have any # just the seat of my pants feel. ;)

The 3 biggest changes I noticed when building my car was.

First: was a Turbo TA 60

Second: 3'' Downpipe

Third: RJC Front Mount

After each upgrade there was a tremendous difference in power it felt like a new car after each one. :)

Hope this helps I don't have any # just the seat of my pants feel. ;)

Were you going from a stock i.c. to f.m. or s.l.i.c. to f. m.??

If you're sig is up to date I don't see any reason you shouldn't have a very noticeable seat of the pants improvement.

Yes ive made a few changes in my setup. Like 4.1, ported heads&intake, 6776,ect. I have a DW neck on a stock IC.

I've read that you get 4% more power for every 10 degrees that you reduce the intake air charge. That may gave been in a N/A car though.

I've pondered on this as well....not sure if it's worth going to a FMIC or a stretched SLIC.

There was some data collected on some different intercoolers with pressure drops and temp drops and it pointed to the fact that a FMIC really didn't have much gain over the SLIC from PTE. This, and the fact that I would have had to have mounted it and move my tranny cooler and blocking the radiator all played a role in picking mine. I stand by my decision for the PTE SLIC. With the alky injection taken into consideration I wouldn't see any difference in performance between SLIC and FMIC. Put it this way, the more piping between your MAF and the throttle body in a FMIC would cause a slight throttle response lag. Not really worth it for a few degrees difference. The alky atomizing will take care of the temp with it's intercooling properties. Therefore, the pressure drop is what you should have most concern over. The PTE SLIC is very comparable to any FMIC.

Unless you're looking for an extra .1 in the quarter I don't see an advantage to a FMIC. Also depends on which one you use...

this has been beat to death in other posts.. Ill post my "opinion" if ya didn't read it on the other threads. Race ..I'd do a front mount.. Street/Race.. PTE's SLIC . I used a few front mounts on customers cars years ago.. they ran hot "cruising" in traffic like the beach. We have had 2 SLICs in Melissa's car .. CAS V4 and the new PTE . Both worked awesome !! and IF ya didn't know she ran 9.94 @ 138+ in street trim and ALKY :cool: oh I wanted the sleeper look to :p

Grumpy is right. I can get away with a Front mount as I live in a cool climate. With your combo I would bet you would gain some decent power at free up a couple psi boost as well. DO IT!!!!!! :biggrin:
Sorry, my conscience was typing....

According to which front mount you get I got a gn1 and air does not flow thru it well at all.Get the fbody rad. and dual fans and you will be good to go.

Back