You can type here any text you want

How Much Work And Money Would It Take

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
The transplant is a piece of cake.
I did mine (1984 Monte) 11 years ago with no help from any forum like would have. Plus I didn't and still don't know sh-it about these cars
EVERY thing bolts right in and fits like OE.

It was so easy that I did another swap but this time with the help of this place it was even easier.

A lot more than that if you go inside the engine. I was saying $6500 just for the transplant of the drivetrain, fuel system, wiring and everything needed just to make it run. Keep in mind you will need a donor car or about $4000 just to have the stuff needed to do the conversion. If the engine with good internals is added add about another $5-6k.

i have 6500 invested into my hybrid wagon everything from engine build to rear end to 200r4 with converter, wiring harness, fuel system etc.... oh and no donor car was needed;) check out my build in the hybrid section

i have 6500 invested into my hybrid wagon everything from engine build to rear end to 200r4 with converter, wiring harness, fuel system etc.... oh and no donor car was needed;) check out my build in the hybrid section

I believe you but its not a normal or realistic price range to shoot for in a project like this. Good internals to me is the following: Forged China crank $700, Forged China rods $500, JE or Diamond pistons, Girdle or steel caps $300-400, flexplate $200 and balancer $300. This just the cost of the "good" (not the best) parts in the shortblock and not even including the machine work, balancing and labor involved. Heads/intake, cam, rocker arms, and other goodies will add considerably more $. Doesnt even include transmission freshening at the least.

I would not jack with the Monte Carlo pictured. You have a super clean car to start with so why hack it up. If you go the Buick turbo motor route while it will be fast and sweet you will never get your money out of it. You will kill 2 cars. I would find a 1982 to 1987 buick and turbo that thing. Classic car insurance is not to bad so keeping 2 cars will not kill the checking account

Id think the answer is because he wants to have a car that is fun to drive instead of just pretty to look at. No need to hack away anyway.

Sweet Info

thanks guys, the 355 aluminum head hydralic motor is gonna stay where its at,I can buy a whole TR for the price of building a 11 to 12 second v6 turbo engine,and maybe a real decent one at that. Thanks My Board Brothers gave me better idea of what it takes

a friend of mine on the board BOOSTJUNKIE did the lc2 transplant for his 16 yr old nephew and it was a pretty simple task the only different thing he did was install a dash and console from a gn. because the dash transplant was was easier than trying to wire the old one in. it looks like a factory job. ac and everything works

Back