How rare is my car?

you can post a pic on here cant really tell by just looking at the car
find dennis kirbin on here he can tell you for sure

you can post a pic on here cant really tell by just looking at the car
find dennis kirban on here he can tell you for sure

So it's an 87 T with chrome bumpers with W02 package somewhere their was a dicussion about 87 Black Ts with those bumpers was a bit rare cause they dropped black from the T package when the WE4 came out don't quote me i may be wrong but i think that's what i remember reading and Grumpy was't calling you an idiot

What's the build date on the car? Exerpt from Kirban Guide pages 63-64:

"Like the V8 Regal version, the 1987 WE4 is sometimes misunderstood.....because it didn't come out at the beginning of 1987....The Product Information Bulletin announcing "Regal WE4 Turbo-T Package" was dated Nov, 15 1986. Basically a look-a-like GN, exept it did not receive the rear spoiler, but did receive the T-Type Rims. The interior had solid grey bucket seats with full-length operating console.

This is the only T-package model that would receive the black bumpers instead of chrome bumpers....Total production 1547...promoted as similar in appearance to the GN but lighter in weight....all had aluminum bumper braces...When Buick created this special model in mid-Nov they actually created something even rarer..."Paint Restriction for Exterior Sport Package (WO2). It's dated 2 days earlier Nov 13, 1986 when they announced you could no longer order a black Turbo-T with W02 exterior sport package...The only difference between the new WE4 version and a black one with W02 would be the WE4 version would have matching black bumpers. The other one would have chrome bumpers. Assuming 1987 Turbo Regals production began in Aug 86, that gave you a 90 day span of production for ordering a black Regal Turbo-T with W02. How many did Buick make? No one knows for sure....."

Hope that helps

Furthermore you could equip/order a WE4 with options such as T-tops, astroroof etc., but they all left the factory black.

What's the build date on the car? Exerpt from Kirban Guide pages 63-64:

"Like the V8 Regal version, the 1987 WE4 is sometimes misunderstood.....because it didn't come out at the beginning of 1987....The Product Information Bulletin announcing "Regal WE4 Turbo-T Package" was dated Nov, 15 1986. Basically a look-a-like GN, exept it did not receive the rear spoiler, but did receive the T-Type Rims. The interior had solid grey bucket seats with full-length operating console.

This is the only T-package model that would receive the black bumpers instead of chrome bumpers....Total production 1547...promoted as similar in appearance to the GN but lighter in weight....all had aluminum bumper braces...When Buick created this special model in mid-Nov they actually created something even rarer..."Paint Restriction for Exterior Sport Package (WO2). It's dated 2 days earlier Nov 13, 1986 when they announced you could no longer order a black Turbo-T with W02 exterior sport package...The only difference between the new WE4 version and a black one with W02 would be the WE4 version would have matching black bumpers. The other one would have chrome bumpers. Assuming 1987 Turbo Regals production began in Aug 86, that gave you a 90 day span of production for ordering a black Regal Turbo-T with W02. How many did Buick make? No one knows for sure....."

Hope that helps

I knew i read that somewhere

Black and black bumpers on a WE4 and that's that o and no rear spoiler

Yep...they were GN look-a-likes but with Turbo-T rims and interior. Supposedly produced so GM could gear up and get ready for extended production of the GN in 1987.

Product Information Bulletin reads "The WE4 Turbo T Package will enable you to merchandise a car that is similar in appearance, and yet lighter in weight, than today's Grand National. The reduction in weight theoretically makes the Turbo T faster than a Grand National, and for a lower price."

Grand National

-Rear Spoiler
-Chrome Steel Wheels
-Exclusive Grand National Interior
-Price = $15,136 MSRP
-GN badging

Regal Special Turbo Package (WE4)

-No Rear Spoiler
-Y56 Aluminum Wheels
-Gray Cloth Bucket with Operating Console (393)
-Price - $14,857 MSRP
-T on Front Fenders

I can post pictures for you send them to me.

Make sure you take one of the RPO codes on the trunk sticker.

And try to get one from off the cowel tag under the wiper area drivers side.

What color is that cowel tag up front?

i believe (someone corect me if i am wrong) we4's had aluminum bumper supports and aluminum drums

YOU GOT ALUMINUM DRUMS AND NON POSI CARS.ALL THE POSI REARS I HAD ALL HAD IRON DRUMS.

BASSED ON THE CARS I HAVE HAD WHICH IS QUITE A FEW ALL THE T TYPES 84-87 AND TURBO T'S ALL HAD ALUMINUM SUPPORTS.

84-86 GN'S ALSO HAD ALUMINUM SUPPORTS

87 GN'S HAD STEEL SUPPORTS

I HAD 3 87 TURBO T'S THAT HAD STEEL IN THE FRONT AND ALUMINUM REAR???? GUESSING THESE WERE IN A ACCIDENT PRIOR TO ME GETTING THEM AND SOMEBODY PUT ON THE EASIER TO GET STEEL SUPPORT.

WE4'S ALL HAD GREY INTERIORS .I KNOW I HAVE 2 OF THEM .THEY ALSO WERE ALL BLACK LIKE THE PICTURE GRUMPY POSTED

YOU GOT ALUMINUM DRUMS AND NON POSI CARS.ALL THE POSI REARS I HAD ALL HAD IRON DRUMS.

BASSED ON THE CARS I HAVE HAD WHICH IS QUITE A FEW ALL THE T TYPES 84-87 AND TURBO T'S ALL HAD ALUMINUM SUPPORTS.

84-86 GN'S ALSO HAD ALUMINUM SUPPORTS

87 GN'S HAD STEEL SUPPORTS

I HAD 3 87 TURBO T'S THAT HAD STEEL IN THE FRONT AND ALUMINUM REAR???? GUESSING THESE WERE IN A ACCIDENT PRIOR TO ME GETTING THEM AND SOMEBODY PUT ON THE EASIER TO GET STEEL SUPPORT.

WE4'S ALL HAD GREY INTERIORS .I KNOW I HAVE 2 OF THEM .THEY ALSO WERE ALL BLACK LIKE THE PICTURE GRUMPY POSTED

If you bought a posi in 87 you bought iron drums.

kirban 2 cents worth

Just happen to see this post. The car is white currently. First, determine if the car has the trunk ID label. If it does the codes are in alphabetical order see if the code WE4 shows up.

If it does it is a WE4 at least the trunk label is a WE4 label. To further verify on the trunk ID label top left corner is a 17 digit VIN number that should match the vin number on your title and metal tag up in the front drivers corner of your dash.

Should all that check out, the facts above from other members are correct the car should be black have black bumpers. Solid grey gut bucket seat version. Options can vary from alot ot a few. Small T emblem on front fenders. I have seen some with Regal emblems on the rear quarters some without.

If no WE4 code exists on your trunk label it is not a WE4 and you are confusing what you got as having the black out package (trim) which the code is WO2 in 1987 and you could have that or the chrome package.

White is a deisreable color against black trim, and of course a WE4 is desireable to as it is a recognized Turbo model. Been nice had Buick plated it as a WE4 on the fenders since that is how most turbo owners refer to it. Kind of like the Corvette ZO6 is known by its code.

Anyrate check out the above info against your car and see what you got.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I am the same guy that several members above have mentioned.
May not be an expert but know enough to score pretty high.

kirban 2 cents worth

Just happen to see this post. The car is white currently. First, determine if the car has the trunk ID label. If it does the codes are in alphabetical order see if the code WE4 shows up.

If it does it is a WE4 at least the trunk label is a WE4 label. To further verify on the trunk ID label top left corner is a 17 digit VIN number that should match the vin number on your title and metal tag up in the front drivers corner of your dash.

Should all that check out, the facts above from other members are correct the car should be black have black bumpers. Solid grey gut bucket seat version. Options can vary from alot ot a few. Small T emblem on front fenders. I have seen some with Regal emblems on the rear quarters some without.

If no WE4 code exists on your trunk label it is not a WE4 and you are confusing what you got as having the black out package (trim) which the code is WO2 in 1987 and you could have that or the chrome package.

White is a deisreable color against black trim, and of course a WE4 is desireable to as it is a recognized Turbo model. Been nice had Buick plated it as a WE4 on the fenders since that is how most turbo owners refer to it. Kind of like the Corvette ZO6 is known by its code.

Anyrate check out the above info against your car and see what you got.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I am the same guy that several members above have mentioned.
May not be an expert but know enough to score pretty high.

Hey Dennis, welcome to the "club":biggrin: ....warning; this site is almost addictive as the cars themselves:eek: see you in BG...
Gary