You can type here any text you want

How to best remove injectors from intake

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jan Larsson

So got the fuel rail off but the injectors seems stuck (due to the o-ring I take it) in the intake. What is the best way getting them out without breaking them.

I can see why so many heater lines are damaged as you might be tempted to use a screw driver to pry the injectors out using the heater line as support.

Anyway any advice would be really helpful.

I got a new set of 42's on their way from Racetronix so hopefully all my problems are gone after this or at least 1 issue less in life :biggrin:

I used an open end wrench to get the 3 that were stuck in my intake when I changed them. I used a thin piece of wood to support the wrench.

Pronto said:
I used an open end wrench to get the 3 that were stuck in my intake when I changed them. I used a thin piece of wood to support the wrench.
that would work or just grab a hold of them and pull the your hands really hard. I dunno how badly they're stuck in there but the wrench idea would work pretty good. Just make sure you put something to disperse the load on whatever you're prying against.

CPAKCP said:
Soak the hell out of them. WD-40

I do that the day before ..... ummm why 42#s ???? why not 50's that have no drivability problems :confused:

Dan- there are no driveability issues with 42.5's when using a TurboTweak chip :) - ask me how I know :wink:

Thanks guys, I tried pulling hard with my hands and the are stuck. I'll put some WD40 on them and the try prying them out carefully.

Dan never had any driveability issues with my 42's, thought about 50's or 60's but then I need a new chip and as it always ran without any issues I hought I'll stay woth the 42's

WD40 did it, sprayed them this morning before work. Tonight with some careful prying and wiggling all 6 popped out. So got everything ready to install the new set when it arrives.

Got plenty of new o-rings :) New injectors should come with o-rings as well I expect :biggrin:

Back