You can type here any text you want

How to change MAF table scalars in TunerCat?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
When adjusting the MAF scalars, there seems to be a limit on how much the first and last value can be in each of the 5 MAF tables using TunerCat, but I don't see a way to change them, how can each tables min/max value be altered??

I've noticed some funkyness in the TC released T31 def file, also.
It seriously needs an update to add some of the more advanced
data items.

About the best way to fix this would be to change the TDF
yourself via Tuner Editor.... then you can make the TDF whatever
you need it to be.

It'd be really cool to have an ecu file for use in tunerpro... and
have it read Directscan data, also.

Later,

Originally posted by 2QUIK6
When adjusting the MAF scalars, there seems to be a limit on how much the first and last value can be in each of the 5 MAF tables using TunerCat, but I don't see a way to change them, how can each tables min/max value be altered??

TC is designed for the average tuner. It's not his intent to make a *Pro* version. Changing the scalers also makes the math extremely complicated for the edit to work in his formate.

I generally do the MAF stuff with a hex editor. It just works out easiest that way for me.

In case you don't know the math is Scaler x table entry/255 gives the gm/sec value for each table entry. The scaler is also the max gm/sec that table with allow, ie max scaler of 255, times max entry of 255, divided by 255, gives a max value of 255. If you knew this, oh well, maybe someone else will find it informative.

Thanks for the input, I can use the hex editor, luckily this time around the only max I ran it was for table 3 at the max value had a max of 86, which ended up working out and I have my BLMs all around 124-132 now with my new 65# injectors. TC just sent me a new file def for $T31, you do have to periodically request new defs files as they make periodic updates, the one I have wa dated Dec 2002, just recvd a new one dated Jan 2004.

Back