How To Convert to a non lockup ???

NO1B4ME

Currently I have a LOCKUP 200r4 to replace my bagged out NON LOCKUP.... how difficult is it to set it up for a non lockup converter (AC N/L 3500) ? Is there any detailed instructions to perform this task ? I've searched for some instructions and came up with a very broad instruction from the "gnttype.org" site,or do I send it to a professional tranny builder ? I am a "wrencher" so I don't get butterfly's opening things up.
Also what are the required parts to perform this conversion?
This tranny currently a lockup also has a Art Carr Shift Kit in it,is there anything that has to be done with this recalibration kit when going to NON LOCKUP

The valve in the pump body that controls the TCC has to be switched out for a non-locking valve. The valve basically just provides a modification to the oil cooler circuit allowing the the oil to pass through the oil cooler as it should. There are a few different designs available. Any of the transmission vendors on this site could get you one quick. You should remove the captive check ball in the input shaft as well as the o-ring on the end of the input shaft before installing the non locking converter. You should be able to perform the switch yourself fairly easily. Small internal snap ring pliers for the valve removal/installation and a punch to remove the captive checkball are needed.

THANKS bison....for the insight,I am pretty sure the non-lockup kit will come with some instructions as well,on the input shaft is it only the cage and a ball bearing to remove ? Is there a spring behind the ball bearing ?
Thanks Again
Rob

THANKS bison....for the insight,I am pretty sure the non-lockup kit will come with some instructions as well,on the input shaft is it only the cage and a ball bearing to remove ? Is there a spring behind the ball bearing ?
Thanks Again
Rob
Just the cage and ball. There is no spring. The Trans-go non lock kit is the easiest to install. The AC kit requires the pump to be opened and a set screw has to be installed. They come with instructions.

Go with the Trans go kit. The last time I talked to Art that is the one he recommended to me..FWIW