how to drive a TR

Vendor Defendor

Out the window
some one said that 'learning to drive a TR' is everything in these cars... what do they mean by 'learn how to drive'? am i missing something? i get how to launch the car (i think, but usually find that i am traction limited), and dropping it down to third when ever i get on it... but what other 'techniques' are there to getting the best performance out of your car on the street/strip?

-Neil

I'VE SEEN ONE GOOD TECHNIQUE IS TO RIDE THE BRAKE A LITTLE AT SPEED BEFORE YOU TAKE OFF. TURBO LAG SUX, SO IF SOMEONE PULLS ALONG SIDE YOU AT SAY 50MPH CRUISIN, RIDE THE BREAK AS YOU KEEP THE GAS DOWN TO BUILD YOUR BOOST, THEN LET OFF THE BREAK WHEN YOU WANT TO LET HER LOOSE.

Originally posted by GNFURY
I'VE SEEN ONE GOOD TECHNIQUE IS TO RIDE THE BRAKE A LITTLE AT SPEED BEFORE YOU TAKE OFF. TURBO LAG SUX, SO IF SOMEONE PULLS ALONG SIDE YOU AT SAY 50MPH CRUISIN, RIDE THE BREAK AS YOU KEEP THE GAS DOWN TO BUILD YOUR BOOST, THEN LET OFF THE BREAK WHEN YOU WANT TO LET HER LOOSE.

thats pretty hard on the motor though.. ive tryed that, dosent really impress me all that much...

-neil

Originally posted by GNFURY
I never seem to have that problem. At 50mph, I punch it and it downshifts to 2nd and rips the tires for at least 50 feet.

What they mean by "learn to drive", is basically learn how to launch the car. There is nothing else you need to know how to do. Let the car shift by itself. Getting your launch down is the challenge.