You can type here any text you want

HOW TO GET SPID CODES OR RPO CODES WITH ONLY VIN #

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

riviera

HELP! IM LOOKING AT A 86 GN ITS A TRUE GN I HAVE THE BUILD SHEET . VIN #'S MATCH THE BUILD SHEET # BUT THE VIN # O THE SPID CODES STICKER IN THE TRUNK DONT MATCH. I'M GUSSING THE TRUNK WAS CHANGED. BUT WHAT I WANTED TO KNOW IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN FIND OUT THE SPID CODES OR (RPO CODES) WITH JUST THE VIN THANKS

I'm thinking a dealer may be the only resource there. There's a great site, www.compnine.com that has a database that does just that but the TRs aren't included.

My Buick Dealer say no can do.
Too far back.

Depending on the build date - the very Late 87 WE2's only came in certain ways with a specific list of options.

For true WE2s & WE4s, it's not a very useful thing, since you can pretty much inventory the options by eye in about 5 minutes

It's a pretty limited list of options on a WE2 or WE4
For example - For WE2 - Digital dash (can't recall for 87?); T hatch or Astroroof; theft deterrent; remote trunk release; Driver's power seat; Power windows, power antenna but it comes with certain radio options; Twighlight sentinel; passenger's side remote mirror, Concert Sound which came with the specific radio; deluxe trunk carpet; if non t top - map light; lighted passenger visor . No electronic AC/ heat comfort control in 87.
Not to say some of those things couldn't be added during the 25 years.

Every now and then there is a unique code on a WE2, like a dealer promo code or something that makes the SPID interesting.
But on a WE2 - they are usally pretty straight forward.
The bulk of SPID codes used on regualr TR's are black out trim codes that make up a good bit of the SPID label.
All are included on a WE2.
It's the Regualr TR's; with various options, that get a little more complicated.

I have the complete; and relatvively short list on my work computer if you need it.

I also have it on Excel sheet where you can go down and check the various things the car has.

Once you know what's installed on it, you can order a new repro SPID label from Gbodyparts or others - if you care

My Buick Dealer say no can do.
Too far back.

Depending on the build date - the very Late 87 WE2's only came in certain ways with a specific list of options.

For true WE2s & WE4s, it's not a very useful thing, since you can pretty much inventory the options by eye in about 5 minutes

It's a pretty limited list of options on a WE2 or WE4
For example - For WE2 - Digital dash (can't recall for 87?); T hatch or Astroroof; theft deterrent; remote trunk release; Driver's power seat; Power windows, power antenna but it comes with certain radio options; Twighlight sentinel; passenger's side remote mirror, Concert Sound which came with the specific radio; deluxe trunk carpet; if non t top - map light; lighted passenger visor . No electronic AC/ heat comfort control in 87.
Not to say some of those things couldn't be added during the 25 years.

Every now and then there is a unique code on a WE2, like a dealer promo code or something that makes the SPID interesting.
But on a WE2 - they are usally pretty straight forward.
The bulk of SPID codes used on regualr TR's are black out trim codes that make up a good bit of the SPID label.
All are included on a WE2.
It's the Regualr TR's; with various options, that get a little more complicated.

I have the complete; and relatvively short list on my work computer if you need it.

I also have it on Excel sheet where you can go down and check the various things the car has.

Once you know what's installed on it, you can order a new repro SPID label from Gbodyparts or others - if you care

Do you mind sharing that excel sheet?

Sure! - Send me your email address since it doesn't appear I can upload an Excel spreasdsheet?????

I have a workbook that has a variety of - sort of standard models - like WE4; WE2, etc etc - with several of the rows struck thru - but multiple worksheets in a workbook can confuse some that aren't Excel friendly.
So, I can send you the simpler version - unless you like and know Excel - then you can have the whole thing.
If you want the whole thing, let me know.

I am working on trying to totally automate it, entering the SPID label info at the top of the sheet; which you can do now; and then having it do a lookup, a form fill and then printout option.
But this kid only has so much time with things like PowerMaster brakes deciding to go RED light at the last minute and on the spur of the moment!
:mad:

If you or anyone see something I missed, or messed up on - please let me know.
I think I'm the BoyWonder - but I'm not super human, and occasionally; infallible.

Is that the 98 GS next to the Ranier?
I always tell people, "New GN? - BS - They already did that once - it's callled a 98-2002 GS"
Buy one of those if you can find a good one
The ultimate sleeper.
For waaay better money too.

You really are eaten up with the Buick bug I see! :)

Sure! - Send me your email address since it doesn't appear I can upload an Excel spreasdsheet?????

I have a workbook that has a variety of - sort of standard models - like WE4; WE2, etc etc - with several of the rows struck thru - but multiple worksheets in a workbook can confuse some that aren't Excel friendly.
So, I can send you the simpler version - unless you like and know Excel - then you can have the whole thing.
If you want the whole thing, let me know.

I am working on trying to totally automate it, entering the SPID label info at the top of the sheet; which you can do now; and then having it do a lookup, a form fill and then printout option.
But this kid only has so much time with things like PowerMaster brakes deciding to go RED light at the last minute and on the spur of the moment!
:mad:

If you or anyone see something I missed, or messed up on - please let me know.
I think I'm the BoyWonder - but I'm not super human, and occasionally; infallible.

Is that the 98 GS next to the Ranier?
I always tell people, "New GN? - BS - They already did that once - it's callled a 98-2002 GS"
Buy one of those if you can find a good one
The ultimate sleeper.
For waaay better money too.

You really are eaten up with the Buick bug I see! :)

The simple version is cool. Thanks My email regalgn1@yahoo.com

Yep 98GS, it has quite a few mods and is a nice sleeper. No one expects to get their doors blown by Grannys 4 door ha! Buick bug? Yep been driving Buick's for 34 years.

Back