How to identify BlueTops?

KrisR

When I bought my '86 GN, the previous owner said the car had blue top injectors, which by investigation on the board I have found they are 36-lb. I bought a chip for the injectors and my other mods and went to install it today, but the chip I pulled out is marked as if it was for 30# injectors.

The injectors are indeed dark blue in color on the upper main body - what color are the "BlueTops" - dark or light blue or...?

Can I ID them without pulling one, getting the numbers off of it, etc?

Thanks for any info!
Kris:)

there are a few numbers around the top of them. just twist the injector to read all the numbers. then put them in a search on gnttype.org or here.

you don't need all the numbers, but off the top of my head i don't remember which ones you need, i wat to say the first 6... write them all down.

Originally posted by KrisR
I bought a chip for the injectors and my other mods and went to install it today, but the chip I pulled out is marked as if it was for 30# injectors.

The injectors are indeed dark blue in color on the upper main body - what color are the "BlueTops" - dark or light blue or...?

Kris:) [/B]
What makes you think it was a 30# chip? Was it a stock Delco chip with a silver sticker?

Many aftermarket chips are not marked real well, so don't just assume it was a 30#, unless it actually says it.

What chip did you get for the 36#ers? It definitely sounds like you have the "blue tops". It's kinda' hard to mistake them for anything else. In the past 6-8 years, they've probably been one of the most popular injector upgrades, since they will support mid to high 11-second ET's, yet remain very driveable and fuel economical. There are also many, many chips available for them.

The number should read -0280150967- for the blue tops, i got it off my blue tops. I have a hardly used ramchargers blue top extender chip for sale if you need one- i upgraded my injectors, sold them to a friend but still have the extender chip-less than 500 miles usage.

mine were dark blue. I don't remember the #s on them though.
They also had the ford oval on them.

HTH

CJ