You can type here any text you want

How to overlay screens on fast?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Alaskabuick

Trying to teach myself this fast system. I feel I understand the basics on how the system works.

One question is I have is how to overlay a logged screen on to the the base A/F screen. I have read the fast instructions, but when I open the A/F screen and then open an old logged screen I dont see how it works? What am I doing wrong? All that happens is I have one screen on top of the other? I dont see a 3D or transparent screen?

Keep in mind I have never seen this done or ever had any coaching on this other than some kind help from Joe Lubrant and Otto to get me started. Joe was nice enough to send me an exsisting program file based on my set up. This got me started.

Another quetion I have is on wheel spin false knock. I know this is hard to elimnate but what can be done to keep from totaly dogging the car out with retard? Would it help to have a faster decay to put the timming back in when you lift and then get back into it? Or would this be dangerous in a case of real knock?

Any help would be appriciated, please speak in Amature terms as I am very new at this.

Thanks,

Dennis

Alaskabuick said:
Trying to teach myself this fast system. I feel I understand the basics on how the system works.

One question is I have is how to overlay a logged screen on to the the base A/F screen. I have read the fast instructions, but when I open the A/F screen and then open an old logged screen I dont see how it works? What am I doing wrong? All that happens is I have one screen on top of the other? I dont see a 3D or transparent screen?

Keep in mind I have never seen this done or ever had any coaching on this other than some kind help from Joe Lubrant and Otto to get me started. Joe was nice enough to send me an exsisting program file based on my set up. This got me started.

Another quetion I have is on wheel spin false knock. I know this is hard to elimnate but what can be done to keep from totaly dogging the car out with retard? Would it help to have a faster decay to put the timming back in when you lift and then get back into it? Or would this be dangerous in a case of real knock?

Any help would be appriciated, please speak in Amature terms as I am very new at this.

Thanks,

Dennis

Open the log you want to overlay. Zoom to whatever area if any, you want to see, then open the table you want to overlay. The log will overlay the table. If zoomed, the zoomed area will overlay.

Once you have them both open click "Window/Tile Vertically". This will put them side by side.
Then "right click" on the VE Table and select "Hide Dash"
Left click on your log. It should overlay it onto the VE Table, provided you recorded MAP (kpa) and RPM when you logged

overlay

Thanks Guys,

Ill give it a shot when I get back home. In Kauai on Vacation right now and will have to wait till I get back home to play with it. Raining and flooding here in Kauai, eeeyyhhaaa, came here to get some sunshine and ended up with crap weather.

So now if i understand this correctly, I will be able to overlay the log on the VE table. Will this show my log corrisponding to the apropriate cell? Then it would be a matter of adjusting the cell value up or down to get optimum A/f? I apologize for my lack of knowledge on this.

Thanks,

Dennis

So YOU brought this lousy weather with you. !! Just joking ;) Yep, this is the worst we've seen in years. The storm has moved its way here to Oahu now. Hope you get SOME good weather before you leave. Enjoy your stay!!

I use Jim's method, and never knew about the way Cal does it.

A hui hou... :)

Alaskabuick said:
Thanks Guys,

Ill give it a shot when I get back home. In Kauai on Vacation right now and will have to wait till I get back home to play with it. Raining and flooding here in Kauai, eeeyyhhaaa, came here to get some sunshine and ended up with crap weather.

So now if i understand this correctly, I will be able to overlay the log on the VE table. Will this show my log corrisponding to the apropriate cell? Then it would be a matter of adjusting the cell value up or down to get optimum A/f? I apologize for my lack of knowledge on this.

Thanks,

Dennis

Yes. Like Cal said....the two screens will be tiled side by side. Follow his directions. When you left click on the log you will see the trace and bubble appear on the VE table. As you scroll across the log the bubble will follow along on the VE table. If you have a spot on the log with more correction than you want, just click on the log in that spot and the bubble will highlight that area of the VE table. Just remember to change more than that 1 cell because the surrounding cells also will effect it somewhat. Especially if there is a large difference in the numbers.

Rain Sucks

Hawaiian Turbo said:
So YOU brought this lousy weather with you. !! Just joking ;) Yep, this is the worst we've seen in years. The storm has moved its way here to Oahu now. Hope you get SOME good weather before you leave. Enjoy your stay!!

I use Jim's method, and never knew about the way Cal does it.

A hui hou... :)

Hawaiian Turbo...HOWZIT BRADA....

Man I should of posted this when I was in Honolulu for the past 3 days, we could of hooked up..You car looks killer, looked at the pictures.

Hey Have you ever seen any of the Alaskans that come over to race? Lots of my freinds have done this in past years. The ship their cars over and come race the Hawaiians, I have always wanted to do this. They ship the cars over in containers paid for by some sponsers.

Hey I got a day or two on Oahu on the way back to AK, maybe we can hook up for a bit for a FAST lesson? Would love to see your car as well, Ill buy the beer. :D My cell is 907-590-0592..

Any Races going on this time of year? Man the weather on Oahu was way better last week, I may come back if it continues like this on Kauai, especially if their are some races.

Dennis

Thanks

HighPSI said:
Once you have them both open click "Window/Tile Vertically". This will put them side by side.
Left click on your log. It should overlay it onto the VE Table, provided you recorded MAP (kpa) and RPM when you logged

Thanks Cal,

Well it sounds like I was almost their but did not have all the moves down..
Story of my Life man!! haha...

Thanks Guys,

Dennis

Howzit !! :cool: Yes, been to the Alaska shoot out. Great bunch of guys. I work for Tesoro, and they sponsored one of the cars that came down. I better hookup with the company and get mine!!! :biggrin:

Actually there's a Fastest Street Car Shootout Mar 25. Should be an awesome race. We'll be running three SBC turbo Buicks and one is a TT. There's two 8 sec Camaro's and few fast Mustangs.

Don't know about the FAST lessons, as I'm still learning myself :rolleyes:

Let me know if you're here and want to meet up. We'll probably be in line about 4 and the qualifying starts around 6:30. We have beer and pupu's after the race and usually leave around 4am.

808-222-1933

A hui hou!!!

Paul

Thanks

HighPSI said:

Well success at last! I was on click away from success. You know it does not say anything in the help section about "hide dash'. up untill now I was doing exactly what they said.

Thanks for the help, now I see how this is supposed to work, wow I can sure see now how you can really tune with this system.

Dennis

Back