You can type here any text you want

how to slide power seat forward with broken transmission housing

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

6gunn

high on gas fumes
I'm trying to remove the drivers seat to install new carpet, and the seat won't move since the trans housing is broken and I removed it in about 5 big pieces. How do I move the seat forward manually to get to the rear 2 mounting nuts? I tried turning the exposed gears but nothing is happening and I'm not even sure which one to turn. Pretty much the entire housing is broken and I can see 3 gears. Any ideas? 86 GN. Thanks.

Got it. In the case that anyone else runs into this problem, here's what I did. Assuming your housing is destroyed and falling apart in chunks like mine was, locate the gear that's furthest back(towards the back of the seat). Next to it is a spring loaded circular black piece with two outward notches. Turn the top of this black piece up and towards the front of the seat. This will move the seat forward. Turn the opposite way to make the seat go back. It's a royal pita and will take quite a while while your killing your fingers, but it does the job.

Back