You can type here any text you want

How to start building a Stage motor?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V8KILLR

2speed 1day fast & faster
I would like to build a mild Stage motor (low to mid 10s) one day. When I say mild, I don't mean that I'm not looking to faster one day, so therefore would like to leave my options open. What things on a stock block work on a stage motor? Should I even go stage at all or should I wait for the TA Al block? What kind of money is it going to take to build this monster?

Thanks,
Jason

IMHO, Motor along- figure $10,000 to $12,000 for parts and labor.
This doesn't include turbo, injectors, or DFI system.

Gary

Originally posted by Black Car
IMHO, Motor along- figure $10,000 to $12,000 for parts and labor.
This doesn't include turbo, injectors, or DFI system.

Gary

Second that.

I would wait. The nice thing they are saying is the TA block will support alot of your 109 parts. :) some 109 parts work on the S2 engine but it seems that TA has this covered this very well.

I am REALLY having a hard time in deciding on stock vs. stage II vs. TA block!!!! I just have all these dreams going through my head.

(1) Keep the setup that I have
a. FAST system
(2) Keep the setup that I have
a. FAST system
b. Heads
c. Cam
(3) Change setup, but keep stock block
a. T72 BB Turbonetics turbo
b. 72 or 83 injectors
c. Up the stall to 3300-3600
d. FAST system
e. Big Mouth induction
f. Heads and Cam
(4) Stage II motor
(5) TA motor

I don’t really have that much money. When I’m done with school, I will do ok, finishing up deg in Mechanical Engineering. I guess I’m just a dreamer………I think of every option that I can do, all day and all night. I guess that is why I’m a car nut. It drives me crazy some times…….hahahaha. I don’t know what 11, 10 , 9, or 8 feels like in the ¼ mile. Don’t know where the line that I want to go is. I will tell you this, I’d like to know what it feels like to come off the line and see nothing but sky because the wheels are off the ground.

I think option (1), maybe the best because tuning is the only reason why I have not been able to run 11s. Doing (1), I only put a little more money into the stock system and plus I can use the FAST system on a Stage II or TA setup if I one day go that path. Also what happens if I go for (2) or (3) and run 10 and am still not happy with it. Options (3) and (4), give me the chance to run faster then 10s. So I don’t know, anyone out there feel my pain.

Thanks,
Jason

Work the stock block, if you do not have alot of money S2 is not for you. :)

V8Killer,
I can't give a lot of advise on spending money, as I've spent WAYYYY too much money on my drivetrain and still can't run down John Force in the 1/4. :) But, I have all the parts you were dreaming about for the stock block, and am too nervous to REALLY turn it up. I do plan on getting the TA block eventually when they are proven slightly. With the interchangeability of 109 parts with the TA block, I'm not even dreaming of a stage 2 anymore. It's up to you, but I would suggest keeping the stock block and building it up. Then if it lets go, there's a new TA block in your future (for me, that's my 'excuse' the the wife to spend the $3500 on a TA block)... :)

Derrick

Thanks Derrick,
If you go Stage II, let me know, I'll buy all your goodies!!!! And btw, turn it up and let her rip;) :D ;) :D

Thanks,
Jason

Back