You can type here any text you want

how to tell tta innercooler from gn?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cruesix

topless tta
hey guys,can someone school me on the difference between a tta innercooler and one from a gn..im asking becouse my buddy has a innercoller from a gn(we think)and i have one for my tta convertable(i think its from a tta)...but they look exactly the same i cant find any differences..so i think we both have the same one..just dont know which..here is a picture of one..thanks guys
dan
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...=7976313444&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

I had asked this a while back, in the for-sale section. Probably a month ago. I'll see if I can dig up that link.

Check out the #'s at the top of the IC. Many of the ones I've seen for sale (from GN's, SY/TY's, etc.) had identical #'s to the one on my TTA.

Anyway, the answer I got was (I think) to count the fins?

Otherwise identical. Even the #'s on the garett badge were the same.

http://turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=149511

Says 4 fins per sq inch.

Sorry but the sticker on top is NOT the same . Completely different :eek:

Really??

I must have been looking at one that the seller *thought* was for a GN. Certainly wasn't in the car when he took the pic (was NOS, fresh outta the box). I compared the #'s from his, to the one in my TTA and it was the same.

Never got the chance to compare a TTA directly to one IN a GN!

That would clear up my confusion too!

Thanks Grump.

PT6 - thanks. The one I was looking to buy was NOS, and showed the first tag you linked to. Apparently it was a TTA IC, and not a GN/Sy/Ty IC that he was selling. Shoulda bought it!

You rock.

See that! :cool: I just love to take pictures of everything on my car! But yea.. a TTA IC would be nice to have NOS! :eek:

How much are TTA Ic's going for now. I seen one on ebay for 400:eek: I have one I might want to sell.

Hi,
I was tracking one on ebay last month that finally sold for about $125. My TTA's cooler has a pretty blurry tag too, much like the photo. I am not sure I can read the pn, will look at it next time I can...

Originally posted by 83ttypecooled
Hi,
I was tracking one on ebay last month that finally sold for about $125. My TTA's cooler has a pretty blurry tag too, much like the photo. I am not sure I can read the pn, will look at it next time I can...

$125 and you didnt buy it ??? :confused:

Originally posted by Grumpy
$125 and you didnt buy it ??? :confused:

Why GN ones sell for 80-100 all the time. Whats so different :p

Fins are way over-rated ;)

hehe.. stirring the pot...

Originally posted by Razor
Why GN ones sell for 80-100 all the time. Whats so different :p

Fins are way over-rated ;)

hehe.. stirring the pot...

I just stock pile them :D pot is stirred :p

My friend Bruce gave me a bignecked GN IC for free. The TTA IC is sitting in the wagon. Bigneck does more than the fins anyhow.

Stirred more gooder now :-)

later
Jeremy

Back