You can type here any text you want

How wide of rear rims with a notched frame?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jdpolzin

Ok guys, the next project will be notching the rear frame. The question is, how wide of a rim will I be able to fit? To you guys that have done this already, what is the total width of your tire? I plan to go with 18's and drag radials for the street. the car is lowered 1.5" in the rear as well. Thanks for the help and the advice! ------Jeremy

Out back I have 18x10 wheels, and i think they have a 4 3/4 '' BS. The frame is not notched. Im running 295/35 bfg kdw. The car is lowered 1-1/2 inch

I ordered an 18x10 with a 5.5" backspacing.
BUICKGN805, do you have any pictures of yours? Do you have any problems bottoming out?

I thought you wanted to know how wide of a rim with knotch and with a knotch you can go as waide as 12". I have a 10" wide wheel on a stk. frame with 4.5 BS and it fits fine on both sides.

I thought you wanted to know how wide of a rim with knotch and with a knotch you can go as waide as 12". I have a 10" wide wheel on a stk. frame with 4.5 BS and it fits fine on both sides.

10" wide 4.5" BS fits fine? Sweeeeeeeeeeeet, good news for my 18x10 dreams!! Your car is lowered and it fits fine or do you use air bags for the fit? I'm planning on Eibach lowering springs that's why I'm asking (w no air bags).

Thanks

I went 17X10" wide, stock frame; 4.75 backspace and 315mm tires.......:smile:

I have factory springs in th erear and moogs up front and also have air bags but do not have to use them. I am happy with the way the car sits. If it were any lower I would not be able to run my drag tires!

Back