You can type here any text you want

hp or et required to pull front tire

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

poppy1440

just curious, what is the least amount of hp or et have you guys seen a GN pull the front tire off the ground on a launch.

I have seen an ~11 sec car leave hard and do it, and have seen an ~8 sec car leave and not do it. Really depends on how car is setup, how hard it leaves, but it can be done on a bottom 11 if you can build boost at the line and leave hard enough. Trans brake would help greatly with that. ;)

my car did it on a 8 sec pass and did not on a 7 all depends on susp.
low 8 sec pass
high 7 sec pass

enough gear in the rear and enough stall in the torque converter in a car with a chassis that is set up for it and you could do it with a stock NA 231.. it might not carry it very far and might not go very fast, but you could get the wheels off the ground..

It also depends or you weight and traction. I've heard 400hp and slicks will do it but again there's way to many factors to determine an exact amount.

Stock Turbo and motor. There is a picture of previous owner of my car at local track picking the wheel up in the tower. Remove front sway bar, launch at 10psi or more, slicks, higher stall torque converter. He said that pic was taken with 8psi launch.

Back