HRParts Swaybar

When any of you mounted the rear swaybar, did you try and paint or at least put POR on the rear axle?
I painted my rear axle with POR-15 and after only one year, it peeled right off like a paper. That stuff is worth no s:poop:t ! My advice is to paint it with a good quality rust paint and you'll be ok for a long time!
Good luck,

Claude. ;)

I love mine. Was one of the best upgrades I ever did. Well worth the money as everyone has said.

But remember every car is different. My car handled like a barge when I bought it. 100k on it and everything was worn out. I put boxed stock lowers on it with AutoZone rubber bushings and a ATR replica swaybar. The big solid one that bolts in the stock location. That and a SC&C front frame brace and new swaybar bushings and shocks too helped the car immensely. Also did the rear seat braces too. Plus I have 16" GTAs with good tires on the car as well.

But getting back the H&R bar, it has to be properly setup. We set mine up with the car level on a four post lift and the tires properly inflated. Been working great ever since. And since it lets the car leave level, it hooks better at the track. My old bar would leave with a lean off the line. No more.

My GN has been 1.54 in the 60' spinning the slicks. So it works. I also run no pressure in my airbags, but they are still intact and in place and functional. My buddies T Type went 1.45 with a H&R bar on a 4psi footbrake launch.

Food for thought here.

I love mine. Was one of the best upgrades I ever did. Well worth the money as everyone has said.

But remember every car is different. My car handled like a barge when I bought it. 100k on it and everything was worn out. I put boxed stock lowers on it with AutoZone rubber bushings and a ATR replica swaybar. The big solid one that bolts in the stock location. That and a SC&C front frame brace and new swaybar bushings and shocks too helped the car immensely. Also did the rear seat braces too. Plus I have 16" GTAs with good tires on the car as well.

But getting back the H&R bar, it has to be properly setup. We set mine up with the car level on a four post lift and the tires properly inflated. Been working great ever since. And since it lets the car leave level, it hooks better at the track. My old bar would leave with a lean off the line. No more.

My GN has been 1.54 in the 60' spinning the slicks. So it works. I also run no pressure in my airbags, but they are still intact and in place and functional. My buddies T Type went 1.45 with a H&R bar on a 4psi footbrake launch.

Food for thought here.

I have yet to receive mine. So I'm not sure what it takes to install it correctly, but from what you are saying it's not just jack-up the rear and and install it. I bought an entire kit. Swaybar and control arms. I hope I did the right thing, lots of money invested here.

I have yet to receive mine. So I'm not sure what it takes to install it correctly, but from what you are saying it's not just jack-up the rear and and install it. I bought an entire kit. Swaybar and control arms. I hope I did the right thing, lots of money invested here.

I got just the bar. As stated, the instructions are very good. Easy installation as well. And yes it will clear the Hooker exhaust with a bit of moving things around. But its not too bad. You do have to drill four small holes but nothing major. I wish I couldve gotten the control arms, maybe this winter.

The instructions are quite complete. Just take your time with the measurements and you should be fine. The HR Bar is quite possibly the best mod I have made to my car and my next turbo regal will have one right away. The road manners and high speed stability with it have me sold several times over.

Do you want to sell your old sway bar?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
We'll see, if I can locate the stock one yes.
I got just the bar. As stated, the instructions are very good. Easy installation as well. And yes it will clear the Hooker exhaust with a bit of moving things around. But its not too bad. You do have to drill four small holes but nothing major. I wish I couldve gotten the control arms, maybe this winter.
Right now I'm not sure what kind of exhaust is on the there, but I have a new 3" exhaust from RJC Racing. I will double check with Jason. I will take my time. As a matter of fact, I have to clean up the axle housing, put some rust inhibitor on it and paint it for I install anything. I'm just doing the housing and ears. I might do the differential casing, but int he interest of time I do not want my car to be out of commission for too long.

Not the stock one, the after market large one you currently have on the vehicle now!

Not the stock one, the after market large one you currently have on the vehicle now!

I think you misunderstood what I said. I said I will sell it, meaning the aftermarket one, as long as I have the stock one to put on my if for any reason I needed to put it back.