Huge Congrats to General Motors!

And they are talking about rehiring many of them along with showing a profit in 2010. So paying off the government loans and not going under with the money I'll take the layoff's they had to do to make it happen. GM is First class in my book! They are doing what they have to do and need to do.

Great news today! I guess the haters can't call them government motors anymore. I guess that bail out worked and something good came out of that money! Huge congrats to GM! I think I'm going to buy a new GM truck this year!

YouTube - GM Pays Back $8.1 Billion in Government Loans

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-XrbVFG7o0[/YOUTUBE]

I was stoked as well until I heard on the radio the gov't still owns a majority of the stock. Oh well Love my new "Bourban":cool:

I was stoked as well until I heard on the radio the gov't still owns a majority of the stock. Oh well Love my new "Bourban":cool:

They are working on that next Ty. Give it time. This is a huge step in the right and positive direction for them that's for sure! Believe and buy and the best will come!

You didn't fix the leaking intake gasket from the Dexcool on this one yet :tongue::biggrin:

GM retiree

They are working on that next Ty. Give it time. This is a huge step in the right and positive direction for them that's for sure! Believe and buy and the best will come!

My wife made a good point about a year ago as I was commenting on the # of retirees in the obit section of our local paper (Guide Lamp and Delco Remy @ one time employed 22,500 people in Anderson, In.). Her point was that as all these retirees pass GM will be getting out from under much of their obligation and should prosper. She is much smarter than some. Thank you for buying GM.

Look at the email I just received:biggrin::biggrin:

Dear Ty,

We are proud to announce we have repaid our government loan – in full, with interest, five years ahead of the original schedule. We realize we still have more to do. Our goal is to exceed every expectation you've set for us. We're designing, building and selling the best cars and trucks in the world. Like the award-winning Chevy Malibu, the all-new Buick LaCrosse, the versatile Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon and the innovative GMC Terrain, just to name a few. We invite you to learn more about the new GM and join our community, by visiting gm.com.

Susan E. Docherty
Vice President, U.S. Marketing

You didn't fix the leaking intake gasket from the Dexcool on this one yet :tongue::biggrin:

I fixed that a few years ago. :cool: Andrew from MAGNA hooked me up. It actually turned into new injectors and a bunch of other new stuff on the top of the motor :)

No thanks. What about that 15 billion Bush gave them? How about that huge chunk of stock the govt. still owns? The govt. also put themselves and unions ahead of the "secured" bondholders who were forced to the back of the line and take pennies on the dollar. Not to even mention they forced the CEO out. That's not the governments job.

At least we got something back I guess.

GM paid this $$ back using other tarp funds, you may want to research that.

Good news!! I will be buying a new Camaro at the end of the year. Way to go GM.

Pete

From what I've read lately (Consumer Reports), many of the Buicks are the best build cars on the road. I'm considering getting a new one for the wife.:)

Mike Barnard

Don't keep us waiting, Chrysler!:rolleyes:

As for GM, wake me when they stop nickel/diming their Tier 1's by pitting them against eachother for the absolute cheapest solution (regardless of quality/functionality/engineering merit), only to turn around and demand viscious yearly price reductions with the consequence of ending up on the "do not quote" list for future programs. This forces said suppliers to source their tooling and materials to the absolute lowest bidder (i.e. China et. all), allowing quality to suffer. Interestingly enough, all of that foreign content from the tier 2's get printed on the window sticker you see at the dealership.

There are several OEM's that value engineering innovation and will spend the extra pennies on a superior product.