Humbled smack talker SRT4 tonight

Alaskabuick

Ok here is another one for ya.

Out in the GN tonight, coming home from the hospital. My 1 year old got diagnosed with type 1 diabeties, drag. He is ok though.

So I figure the cheer up I would cruz the main drag.

So here comes this guy in the SRT4 all badged out with all the stickers, wing, guages, tak, blah, blah..

I have been hearing about this guy who everyone say is the BAAD man on the street, running 40 pounds of boost and all the BS. My buddy from Anchorage told me about this guy, he says, if you see that Cocky A$$ hole that is in Fairbanks in a Blue SRT, please punish him for me.

So I pull into this parking lot and he rolls straight over, sucking on a grit and looking exactly how I expected from the stories. He says, hey you wanna play tonight. I say hell, why you want to pick on a old guy like me in a slow car. So I drive off and get out on the street, he is right on my A$$.

He rolls by and then slows down to about 20, I catch up and slow down.
He nails it, I nail it. We are both side by side spinning like a mother due to a light spinkle. The GN does not let me down, I hit my electric dump at about 50 to open the exhaust (dumb), just makes me spin more, but still smokin ole Cocky boys A$$ real good, buy the time I am in 3rd I got 4 length on him, then we hit a light. We stop, light goes green and he asks for some more punishment, so I pound him again.

He knows he just got spanked, so we roll back to where everyone is parked.
I get out and here we go with the long list of no traction, low boost, got more parts coming, tune was not right.....on and on.....I say nothing, nothing to say? I had just done my talking on the street.

But I give credit where credit is due, he did have about the quickest SRT I had raced, thows little suckers spool quick. I was actually very impressed with his car, dont get me wrong he did get pounded. But with his mouth running it takes all the motivation away to compliment him on his car, wich I did think was a nice car. But He already gave himself all the compliments so I did not have to.

Den

Glad to hear about this kill, I can't stand those stupid NEONS. "No dude it's not a Neon, it's an SRT-4!!". :rolleyes:

Hey Alaskabuick ,, I had a friend from Eagle River watch that very Neon at the track and said it was not near as fast as it should have been ,, Some more tuning and maybe it would be some competition for you LOL.....

I love my 86 GN ,, even though its stock with basic mods it still gets respect anywhere it goes ,, Now if I can only get my Typhoon to run as fast !!!

Do you know Bryan Cassidy ???? I saw him today at the show and shine ,, he said 10.50's so far but he still needs to rune some more ..

Take care

Jon

Gn

akgn said:
Hey Alaskabuick ,, I had a friend from Eagle River watch that very Neon at the track and said it was not near as fast as it should have been ,, Some more tuning and maybe it would be some competition for you LOL.....

I love my 86 GN ,, even though its stock with basic mods it still gets respect anywhere it goes ,, Now if I can only get my Typhoon to run as fast !!!

Do you know Bryan Cassidy ???? I saw him today at the show and shine ,, he said 10.50's so far but he still needs to rune some more ..

Take care

Jon

Jon,

Yes I know Brian well, he is the one that told me about that Guy.
Brian's Car really pulls hard, very impressed with it. It fells really different then my car. He is a great Dude.

I would of been down with My GSX but my 1 year old is sick and had to stay here. I seem to miss that show every year.

Have not seen you in the 86 before? Maybe we can hook up some time. Trying to get down before the end of the year, either with my wagon or GN.

Dennis

SmackTalking SRT4

Think of all the money he spent just to see that thing struggle to keep up 4 car lengths behind you! We see that down here every weekend, Nice run! You mention "an electric dump”. Do you recall where you purchased the electric dump? I’m in the market for one!

Thanks
Bob

Damn. Sounds like you have a pretty quick Buick there. What kind of 1/4 mile times/ trap speeds are you pulling.

1st off I would like to bring my side of the story as the "opposed looser".

anyway I really do not see it as a 4 length loss by any means seeing as before we hit the light that we stopped at (with about 9 other cars watching the run) we were side by side spinning our asses off. I was at 22psi (as I told you) on pump gas with blizzaks (not the greatest thing for traction but hey its run what you brought out and thats what I ran.) You had a bit of an advantage running drag radials (old and worn but none the less they are what they are). I do recall you saying you were @ 21ish PSI (pretty even) on 100 low lead.

it was a pretty close race I heard mixed stories of who was actually in the lead from the people watching. I told them you had me by about a 1/2 car length until we shut down. I honestly do not recall seeing your tail lights once the entire race.

However if you do infact want to back up this event come out again (not this weekend as I will be working) but the weekend following and take the drive out to where we meet at. I would love to do battle again and hopfully make things a little more interesting (new tires and better fuel/boost).

I will even have some videos taken of it so we can post up and show the real deal.

Lastly, yes im cocky its my nature (some people like it "very few" most people hate it....) its just how I am (I have toned down quite a bit from the past). But lets give it a run... we can even go for a small amount of money if it will entice you to make the drive :) out

and I guess the stickers do add HP :rolleyes:
here is the infamous neon of fairbanks
4exhaust.jpg

4exhaust1.jpg

4exhaust2.jpg

4exhaust3.jpg

newside4.jpg

newside5.jpg

enginebay.jpg

enginebay2.jpg

ill make sure to open my dump next time as well LOL...

Hey Dennis...

Nice run. I have moved on from Anchorage to Columbia, SC (Fort Jackson). I still have my 87 GN & since added an 87 Turbo T to the stable. Send me a clip of that wagon running again. That is a mean machine!

Alaskabuick said:
Ok here is another one for ya.

Out in the GN tonight, coming home from the hospital. My 1 year old got diagnosed with type 1 diabeties, drag. He is ok though.

So I figure the cheer up I would cruz the main drag.

So here comes this guy in the SRT4 all badged out with all the stickers, wing, guages, tak, blah, blah..

just a FYI

WING = STOCK
Badged out = stage 2 badge that comes with the mopar stage 2 ECU
Stickers = Cuda stripes and my shops web URL
Tach = its used for the shiftlight so I can watch the road not the RPM's
Gauges = ALL USED FOR SOMTHING : oil pressure, Oil temp, Air fuel (wideband), Volt, Water temp (better than factory ECU controlled sender), Boost (35psi for a reason due to the stock boost gauge being a 20psi unit), Fuel Pressure (nice to know what your fuel pressure is sitting at), EGT (nice to know your EGT's so you dont melt a piston), SAFCII (nice for tuning the 750CC injectors as well as keeping an eye on knock/timing),

Just a quick run down of my mods to show im not your "run of the mill ricer suckin on a grit when I see an older guy driving a car that I love (GN)"

Garrett GT3582R DBB turbo
4'' Turbo back exhaust with cut out (manual)
RC 750CC injectors
Walbro 255LPH fuel pump
Kinetic Motorsport bar and plate FMIC
Dark Syde Performance tripple pipe package (2.5'' turbo to hot side pipe, 2.5'' hot side to FMIC, 2.5'' cold side IC to TB)
Tial 38mm wastegate (external)
Tial 50mm BOV
SAFCII
Mopar stage 1 ECU (sold the stage 2 just never got around to pulling the badge)
Full coilover suspension
MSD IGN, coil, wires
NGK Iridium 9 plugs
Log style turbo manifold with 3.5'' o2 housing
mild intake/exhaust port work (waiting on new head that can handle higher revs)

and quite a few other small things

when we raced I was still on the stock clutch as I had not had the time to put the new centerforce in (so imagine 22psi on a GT3582R turbo on a stock clutch with 16K miles on it that has been beaten to gods end about 11K of those miles have been on 4 diff. big turbo setups (50 trim, 60trim, 57 trim, GT3040R, GT3582R).

Now that the new clutch is going in this weekend I would love to arrange a get together with ya in 2 weeks before I ship out to PLDC in anchorage for a month. Im willing to throw some cash into play to make things interesting... however the ending result WILL be posted up on this site, AKMS, as well as quite a few others. Now then and then only will we see this "4+ car lenghts" you are claiming...

you see I can admit a loss... but not one when someone is going well over the limit of how badly they "won" .... it seems all the people who witnessed this race 1st hand saw the outcome differently than you did.... and im sure they will chime in soon enough.

AKslowNeon said:
just a FYI

WING = STOCK
Badged out = stage 2 badge that comes with the mopar stage 2 ECU
Stickers = Cuda stripes and my shops web URL
Tach = its used for the shiftlight so I can watch the road not the RPM's
Gauges = ALL USED FOR SOMTHING : oil pressure, Oil temp, Air fuel (wideband), Volt, Water temp (better than factory ECU controlled sender), Boost (35psi for a reason due to the stock boost gauge being a 20psi unit), Fuel Pressure (nice to know what your fuel pressure is sitting at), EGT (nice to know your EGT's so you dont melt a piston), SAFCII (nice for tuning the 750CC injectors as well as keeping an eye on knock/timing),

Just a quick run down of my mods to show im not your "run of the mill ricer suckin on a grit when I see an older guy driving a car that I love (GN)"

Garrett GT3582R DBB turbo
4'' Turbo back exhaust with cut out (manual)
RC 750CC injectors
Walbro 255LPH fuel pump
Kinetic Motorsport bar and plate FMIC
Dark Syde Performance tripple pipe package (2.5'' turbo to hot side pipe, 2.5'' hot side to FMIC, 2.5'' cold side IC to TB)
Tial 38mm wastegate (external)
Tial 50mm BOV
SAFCII
Mopar stage 1 ECU (sold the stage 2 just never got around to pulling the badge)
Full coilover suspension
MSD IGN, coil, wires
NGK Iridium 9 plugs
Log style turbo manifold with 3.5'' o2 housing
mild intake/exhaust port work (waiting on new head that can handle higher revs)

and quite a few other small things

when we raced I was still on the stock clutch as I had not had the time to put the new centerforce in (so imagine 22psi on a GT3582R turbo on a stock clutch with 16K miles on it that has been beaten to gods end about 11K of those miles have been on 4 diff. big turbo setups (50 trim, 60trim, 57 trim, GT3040R, GT3582R).

Now that the new clutch is going in this weekend I would love to arrange a get together with ya in 2 weeks before I ship out to PLDC in anchorage for a month. Im willing to throw some cash into play to make things interesting... however the ending result WILL be posted up on this site, AKMS, as well as quite a few others. Now then and then only will we see this "4+ car lenghts" you are claiming...

you see I can admit a loss... but not one when someone is going well over the limit of how badly they "won" .... it seems all the people who witnessed this race 1st hand saw the outcome differently than you did.... and im sure they will chime in soon enough.

Bro,

You were in my rear view mirror by the time we shut down every time. You know it I know it. You got pulled and that is all their is to say. :D

I did enjoy the race and look forward to the next. You have a nice fast car, but not faster then mine on that night.

Tell you what, if you want to race again. Ill get out my Buick Stationwagon, if you can beat that from a standing start (like drag races are raced). Then you can have another shot at the GN.

If you want to go from a dead stop with the GN, bring it on! Sounds like fun!

By the way my car is not getting any slower either. Ill even give you the 4 car lengths next time so their is no dispute.

Man this is fun, Ive been bored to tears this summer till now!!!

Dennis

Alaskabuick said:
Bro,

You were in my rear view mirror by the time we shut down every time. You know it I know it. You got pulled and that is all their is to say. :D

I did enjoy the race and look forward to the next. You have a nice fast car, but not faster then mine on that night.

Tell you what, if you want to race again. Ill get out my Buick Stationwagon, if you can beat that from a standing start (like drag races are raced). Then you can have another shot at the GN.

If you want to go from a dead stop with the GN, bring it on! Sounds like fun!

By the way my car is not getting any slower either. Ill even give you the 4 car lengths next time so their is no dispute.

Man this is fun, Ive been bored to tears this summer till now!!!

Dennis

1st off Why do I have to run the "wagon" and win in order to run your GN? sound like a cop out move on your part. I could care less about the "4 lengths" hell Ill run you today if you want and ill stay on pump gas... and if your worried about running from a roll then sounds again like a cop out on your part.. hell I will run you from a dig with my DR's but if you really want to impress your buddies on here you should aknowlege the challange and not come back with a cop out excuse like "race my wagon then if you win you can run the GN" you act as if your GN is a god and the only way to have a shot on FILM is to beat out the rest... this is not need for speed most wanted my friend... this is a 4cyl NEON calling out your "godly" grand national... I dont have to race my way to the #1 spot in order to have my shot at you unless thats what you want... and if that is the case your just as much a copout ricer as the next "subaru with a fart can" as you put in on your other kill list..

and I know for a fact there are 2 other cars (4cyl and 6cyl) that would love to have a shot at you (wrx and VW R32).. by no means are you (OR ME FOR THAT MATTER) the fastest thing in this town... so no need to act it... I race for the fun of racing its my hobby and passion... I have worked for all that my car has be it through countless hours working a military job to pay for mods or spending countless hours helping out sponsors.

I just want a shot at you on video that is it and that is all.. nothing more nothing less.

JEEZ its just a neon LOL

siamiam said:
when they ran past the clinic everyone was wondering why the Gran National wasnt pulling on the Neon , and then everyone was wondering why the hell they were racing on airport way in the first place :p they Both should know better than that.

from one of the on lookers who is bias to both parties (there are more posts by other witnesses but im too lazy to swap them over)

AKslowNeon said:
1st off Why do I have to run the "wagon" and win in order to run your GN? sound like a cop out move on your part. I could care less about the "4 lengths" hell Ill run you today if you want and ill stay on pump gas... and if your worried about running from a roll then sounds again like a cop out on your part.. hell I will run you from a dig with my DR's but if you really want to impress your buddies on here you should aknowlege the challange and not come back with a cop out excuse like "race my wagon then if you win you can run the GN" you act as if your GN is a god and the only way to have a shot on FILM is to beat out the rest... this is not need for speed most wanted my friend... this is a 4cyl NEON calling out your "godly" grand national... I dont have to race my way to the #1 spot in order to have my shot at you unless thats what you want... and if that is the case your just as much a copout ricer as the next "subaru with a fart can" as you put in on your other kill list..

and I know for a fact there are 2 other cars (4cyl and 6cyl) that would love to have a shot at you (wrx and VW R32).. by no means are you (OR ME FOR THAT MATTER) the fastest thing in this town... so no need to act it... I race for the fun of racing its my hobby and passion... I have worked for all that my car has be it through countless hours working a military job to pay for mods or spending countless hours helping out sponsors.

I just want a shot at you on video that is it and that is all.. nothing more nothing less.
Let just see the race on Vid. Lets also see the race at the track where both cars can really show their stuff. That is the tell all of truth, period the end, no excuses. Winner, loser who cares, thats what we drive these for right. :cool: i

Quint said:
Let just see the race on Vid. Lets also see the race at the track where both cars can really show their stuff. That is the tell all of truth, period the end, no excuses. Winner, loser who cares, thats what we drive these for right. :cool: i
I agree 110% he is afraid to race from a roll (traction issues in a FWD on street tires).. so he only wants to race from a Dig.. as soon as my DR's arrive I will be glad to race from a dig (so I dont spin through 4th) until then I will stick to my guns of a roll (be it 10mph,20mph,30mph,40mph)..

if you believe that much that you are faster you should have no problems backing your words up against my slow little neon.

and since you do not seem to want to race for money how about a little pride race... I win I take your GN logo off your car.. you win You can snatch my ram off my bumper or my SRT off the back.. just as a momento of this joyous occasion.

Hopefully that wagon is trapping higher than the 107 quoted in the sig... I would want to race from a stop too because that is not a high trap at all. A simple stage 2 "neon" could keep up with that from a roll.

even with my ****ty street tire trap of 115 with a nasty boost leak LOL.. now i just need to locate some slicks for the 25th so I can finally run the car where it was ment to run :)