Hurst Olds project

olds443

So as many of you may have read my Cutlass was stolen over a week ago. Well my fiancee was as heartbroken as I am. While I was searching the internet for parts, etc. I came across an ad for a 1983 Hurst Olds. No pic and it said to call for info. She encouraged me to call so I did the next day.
I went to look at it but told the guy I wanted it before I even seen it.
Anyways, SHE BOUGHT ME THE CAR! It's not a turbo442 but it is a solid and complete, well used Hurst Olds.
Here are some pics. This is just before washing it. It does run but has a terrible rod knock (I don't even think the rod is attached in there:eek: )
I wish we didn't have to deal with smog laws here, this would definitely have a more fitting Olds engine in it!

Still hoping they find my car but this is a nice condolense.:)

Attachments

• Hurst Olds 022.jpg
    Hurst Olds 022.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 380
Very lucky to hav a wife like that and its a nice looking car but there a few suspicious creatures checking it out.

That's funny! Every time I tried to take a pic these two popped up. The black one is our boy "Agnes" (when he was a kitten gf thought he was a she)
The other is the neighbors, "Freddy Tuxedo" he is father to our other black cat.

Very nice, how is the interior, those 307's are every where, the '83 version is the best by far....Congrats on the find, let us know if they find your other car. I think a 403 would be a great transplant option. I bet it would be fine on smog if you hooked everything back up stock.

Aaron

so how do I know what sequence (production #) it is? I know there were 3001 made and I see guys post what # theirs are but do I have to contact GM? It does have the tag on the cowl that says W-40.

so how do I know what sequence (production #) it is? I know there were 3001 made and I see guys post what # theirs are but do I have to contact GM? It does have the tag on the cowl that says W-40.

May be something in the Vin. I nearly purchased one of these recently for around $4400 but it needed too much work. I will ask my buddy tomorrow he owned and '83 H/O. Next to an 86/87 GN the '83 H/O is pretty cool and had decent performance.

So as many of you may have read my Cutlass was stolen over a week ago. Well my fiancee was as heartbroken as I am. While I was searching the internet for parts, etc. I came across an ad for a 1983 Hurst Olds. No pic and it said to call for info. She encouraged me to call so I did the next day.
I went to look at it but told the guy I wanted it before I even seen it.
Anyways, SHE BOUGHT ME THE CAR! It's not a turbo442 but it is a solid and complete, well used Hurst Olds.
Here are some pics. This is just before washing it. It does run but has a terrible rod knock (I don't even think the rod is attached in there:eek: )
I wish we didn't have to deal with smog laws here, this would definitely have a more fitting Olds engine in it!

Still hoping they find my car but this is a nice condolense.:)

Nice Olds! Is that the one I used to see for sale in Daly City?

I got it from a collector in Castro Valley who bought it 4 years ago from someone down there. He said he seen him park it one day with a for sale sign and bought it.
It has a rod knock and he said the previous owner drove it home like that when it happened.
Not sure right now what I will do for motorvation. Think I will start a new post.

I seen the ad on CL's of your car when it was stolen. Good find on the 83 Olds I always wanted one

I wrote the lady on Hurst Olds club. She responded that it is #2030 and was built Feb 18th 1983. This is cool as my Fiances birthday is 0203 and my Dads is Feb 17, actually my birthday and my Moms are also in Feb.
BTW the 403 Olds buildups I have been reading about all sound pretty good!

The body is straight save for the front fender and header. I already found another header panel, still need to find a good fender. Paint looks better in the pics

Interior shot (anyone got a spare chrome seat side cover?)
Door panels need a good cleaning and it needs carpet and a headliner. Not too dificult. Seats are nice though.

I think hod rod or car craft had a article on a 500 hp 403:eek: that was a couple months back .That was my favorite car when i was in high school. nice score. keep posting pics. good luck. hopefully you get your car back.His and Her cars that would be way cool :biggrin:

I think I seen that article on the net, it was like 7 grand for the motor but the results were spectacular!
I hope they find my car too but I am already eyeballing nice clean sheet metal in case it is just a shell. And I know where I can get a long block. We will just have to wait and see.
His-n-her's... Pretty cool, I didn't think of that.

Interior shot (anyone got a spare chrome seat side cover?)
Door panels need a good cleaning and it needs carpet and a headliner. Not too dificult. Seats are nice though.

Let me take a look at my parts car... I think the passenger side was all buss-up