HVAC Vaccum Switch question

turbo39151

anycoloraslongasitsblack
How do you remove the vacuum switch? I cannot seem to find any guidance anywhere and while it looks straight forward, I want to make sure I don't force it and break it. Reason for fooling with this: My A/C is working but recently decided to only go through dash vent and floor vent... So it's either a check valve or this... Since I was in there I cleaned everything else. Wanted to make sure it's in good order but hard to tell while installed in the car.

Last edited:
Its held in with two push on metal locks, you can cut them off an find new ones, or work them off carefully.
Another option would be to use side cutters and cut of the tab off that they push on, then push them off toward your cut and reuse them. Not hard work, but you are working with fragile old plastics.

I think if that part fails, the air blows out the defroster vent ( and maybe the floor vent too).

Thanks for the posts. I'll need to go out there and see if I can get this thing off. What am I looking for in terms of damage? (ie: is there a test or something I can do to confirm if part is good or no good?)