Hybrids with working Air conditioning

GDNF2ET said:
I wonder how many have done the transplant in a non-gbody and have a working AC ?
I am currently finishing up my fbody (91 firebird) hybrid with an 87 GN motor (GN Heads) and I am pretty sure I will be able to keep my A/C with some custom work on the downpipe, an 87 GN A/C Compressor and have someone rerun my a/c lines.

you aint sweatin are you :D

depending on the hybrid it shouldnt be to hard to run a/c .. may have to do custom lines but thats no biggy :)

My AC works fine! I wish I could say the same about my heater. Damn RX-7 Logicon electric controls. :mad: I only had to modify the lines at the GM compressor. Dave C.

Not done yet but...

mine will DEFINITELY have cold a/c. In South Mississippi it's as much a neccessity as gasoline!

I had the AC working in my monte after the swap, then I found an AC delete box in the boneyard and put that in..I have been wondering what it would take to use a toyota pickup AC/heater assembly in a gbody....That system is all inside instead of being on the firewall, and its easily added to toyota trucks with no AC....I know it doesn't take much to cool a pickup cab, but I have to turn it down because it gets too cold...AC in the monte isn't coming back any time soon because of the powerstroke intercooler I squeezed into my radiator support....