Hydro-Boost Astro Van Drop In

nice work.. maybe a list of parts needed,years, part# would be cool .. let us know if you make them in trade for some green :D

Price of kit...

Well looks like the price for the three-piece kit is running between $215-275.00. This would depend on the number ordered, (low limit is set at five with a high limit of 20.) I would require half of the cost upon order with the balance due at shipment.

The kit would include:

1- 6061 Al spacer plate 1.25" thick.
1-530B adaptor plate
1-Pedal spacer
4-Socketed cap screws w/ washers and lock nuts

Detailed instructions.
A list containing part numbers of the hoses, master cylinder options and a list of hydro boost units that can be used.

You will use the stock pump that is on our cars now.

Let me know if there is still intrest out there...

So after buying your kit how much would we have to spend with autozone to make this work? No fab work right?

Well looks like the price for the three-piece kit is running between $215-275.00. This would depend on the number ordered, (low limit is set at five with a high limit of 20.) I would require half of the cost upon order with the balance due at shipment.

The kit would include:

1- 6061 Al spacer plate 1.25" thick.

1-530B adaptor plate
1-Pedal spacer
4-Socketed cap screws w/ washers and lock nuts

Detailed instructions.
A list containing part numbers of the hoses, master cylinder options and a list of hydro boost units that can be used.

You will use the stock pump that is on our cars now.

Let me know if there is still intrest out there...

I am also very interested, any chance you have a ball park figure for the rest of the items in the list? Thanks

Datar

Extra Parts

The hoses run 20.99 and 33.99 and you will need some 3/8 hose, say 5.00. A new master is 20-35 plus a reservoir at 15.00. This puts you at 110.00.

The hydro-boost unit runs 150-170.00 plus core if you buy this as a rebuild. (I honestly see no reason to buy this part new, I picked mine up from the junk yard for $30.00 and I got the master and prop valve with it. These are a simple pressure pump, which rarely fail. Worst case is you buy at junk-yard and it is bad, then you can now use this as a core for a new unit and save 50.00 off the core charge)

So the actual cost will depend on which way you go, for all new parts say 300.00.

If you get the hydro-boost unit from the junk yard then the total is closer to 150-170.

Group buy!

For those of you have PM'ed me I would like to try to get a group buy together. The more people we get the cheaper it is for the group. I would like to get at least 10 people to buy in, (our min order is 5). So why don't we ask around and try to get more people. Let say we take the next two-three weeks and see how many people are willing to order. Then I will know the final price and I can tell you what the deposit will be. Once I get the number I'll order material needed and after I get all the deposits I will place the order with the water jet company and have the pedal spacers machined.

This is going to be a one time deal, as I am not a vendor nor do I want to be one. So if you want to get in on this now is the time!

The following are members have already agreed to purchase kit:

ILUVBOOST
DLYNCH1130

Theres an astrovan hydroboost unit that dosent require a spacer on the pedal to work i used it on my setup which is slightly different than yours...I just havent a clue as to what year the truck was i took the unit off of....Id also spring for the earls power steering an fittings and use teflon braided line....also its a really good time to add a line loc and you will probably need to make a bracket to lower the power steering reservoir so you can get the cap off.....Nice setup you got there btw...

Theres an astrovan hydroboost unit that dosent require a spacer on the pedal to work i used it on my setup which is slightly different than yours...I just havent a clue as to what year the truck was i took the unit off of....Id also spring for the earls power steering an fittings and use teflon braided line....also its a really good time to add a line loc and you will probably need to make a bracket to lower the power steering reservoir so you can get the cap off.....Nice setup you got there btw...

x2 it is cool to see the mod evolve. Id seen others space it out from the fire wall so you dont need to mod the brake pedal rod. cool for someone looking for a drop in kit. you'll never look back one of the best mods I have made.......good work

x2 it is cool to see the mod evolve. Id seen others space it out from the fire wall so you dont need to mod the brake pedal rod. cool for someone looking for a drop in kit. you'll never look back one of the best mods I have made.......good work

The stock brakes failed on me one time, and that was enough! I made mine to work with the unit I found in the junk-yard, I didn't care which unit I got I knew I could make it work.

I love the hydro-boost system this will be a mod in any future turbo Buick build I do.