You can type here any text you want

Hydroboost Aluminum Master Cylinder

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Westriver87

I just went to advanced and ordered the parts for my hydroboost conversion. The research I did on here stated that a 1981 Caddy Eldorado Master cylinder would fit. When they pulled them up there were two that was around $100 (wagners). However, there was a cardone that was about $20 with a lifetime warranty (part number 10-1740). I ordered the cardone and after I left, I got to thinking that maybe the wagners were the ones for the hydroboost and the cardone was for a vacuum brake setup. So, did the eldorado's have a vacuum setup available also? Which master cylinder will work? Thanks for the help....

The one I bought from autozone (I hate that place but was only place I could get it quick) was a new master from Fenco for the 81 Eldorado, but it wasn't alum it is steel/castiron of some kind, but it has the plastic modern looking master. Still, its lighter than the giant cast iron one from 1896.

Here's the only shot I have online at the moment:

7gjml7o

I dont know why I said aluminum. Its steel looks similar to the one you have other then its a cardone. Does the fenco unit you have work well?

Works fine. I wanted a new master that looked modern since the remans always seems to be junk and leaked. Fenco was the only new one I could find at the time that matched the 84/85 GN hydrobooster and the stock 87 TR brake line fittings. I've run 10.6-7-8-9 off the foot brake easily with 1.55-1.65 60 fts

Just looked up your fenco from autozone. It has a NM1740 part number. The cardone has a 10-1740 part number. So I'm guessing it will work. Does anyone have any experience with the wagner master cylinder advanced carries for the eldorado?

I've read about every thread on the forum on the coversion. Im not wanting to use the big cast unit your refering to. Im wanting to know about the eldorado units that people are using. Just trying to make sure the cardone will work...if not I will have to go back and order the one setup for hydroboost. It didn't give a bore measurement on the cardone I ordered.

The 81 Eldorado gas engines had a vacuum booster and the Diesels had the hydroboost. It appears that the only difference between the two master cylinders is the reservoir.

Interesting tidbit update.

Just recv'd a 10-1740 replacement via Amazon (reman by Cardone) for my upcoming installation. My reservoir is solid black plastic. Looks cool with the grey metal body and black cap/ reservoir, but not so good for doing a quick visual check of fluid level.

Came with two outlet plugs too.

Back