You can type here any text you want

Hydroboost brake system questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hafrod

My 87 GN has a vac brake system and I CAN"T GET ANY BOOST ON THE LINE. My friend went with a hydroboost system on his 86 GN (his was converted to vac too)and he is getting WICKED boost on the line. He bought a new kit for around $500 bucks. I just built a motor AND a trans so MONEY IS TIGHT! I just found a complete hydroboost system on a Malibu for $20 bucks! I went to Autozones website but can't find anything on hydroboost setups! I would like a Remanufactured unit instead of bolting the old rusty one on! Has anyone went this route? Anyone got one from Autozone or Oreilleys?

what do you do when you run? How do you burnout....and then stage? I have vac and can hold 10+ pounds.

My 87 GN has a vac brake system and I CAN"T GET ANY BOOST ON THE LINE. My friend went with a hydroboost system on his 86 GN (his was converted to vac too)and he is getting WICKED boost on the line. He bought a new kit for around $500 bucks. I just built a motor AND a trans so MONEY IS TIGHT! I just found a complete hydroboost system on a Malibu for $20 bucks! I went to Autozones website but can't find anything on hydroboost setups! I would like a Remanufactured unit instead of bolting the old rusty one on! Has anyone went this route? Anyone got one from Autozone or Oreilleys?

I have new-never installed w/lifetime warranty-$375+shipping
FRED

HydroBoost

AutoZone has the HydroBooster, 123.00 plus 35.00 core. They will have to order, mine took two days. Fairly simple install although I am still bleeding the power steering.
I think my problem lies elsewhere though, intermittent brakes, makes life on the road very interesting:eek:

AutoZone has the HydroBooster, 123.00 plus 35.00 core. They will have to order, mine took two days. Fairly simple install although I am still bleeding the power steering.
I think my problem lies elsewhere though, intermittent brakes, makes life on the road very interesting:eek:

For what type of car does AutoZone list it for?
And what else is needed for the full conversion?

I want to skip the vacuum brakes all together.

I found it for my '84 so I am not doing the conversion. They have it listed for an '84 vin code 9, just make sure you check out the pic so you don't get the vac booster.

Hydoboost

If you have an old one that needs to be rebuilt call Allstar automotive in baldwin park calif here is the # 626-960-5164 i live about 5 blocks from there and they charged me $80 bucks and it came with 2 year warrenty:) :biggrin:

Rims

I am the proud owner of a 84 turbo T-Type with the rims that look like they belong on the back to the future car and i want to know if these are what came on the car and are they rare for that year.:confused: :confused:

I am the proud owner of a 84 turbo T-Type with the rims that look like they belong on the back to the future car and i want to know if these are what came on the car and are they rare for that year.:confused: :confused:

Those are the stock wheels for a 84-85 T-Type. IIRC about 4500 T-Types came with that wheel.

Back